Search for content in message boards

Fritz, Caroline, Martha Gottschalk-Milwaukee County

Fritz, Caroline, Martha Gottschalk-Milwaukee County

Posted: 26 Mar 2006 12:42AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Gottschalk/Meyer
I am looking for information about this family. Fritz and Carolina came to Wisconsin from Prussia around 1860. Martha was one of their children. They may have lived in Milwaukee County, Martha married Hastings Meyer I believe in Wisconsin and they later lived in Minnesota.
Any one know of them? Thanks-
Stacey Bing

Re: Fritz, Caroline, Martha Gottschalk-Milwaukee

Pat Nelson (View posts)
Posted: 28 Mar 2006 1:47PM GMT
Do you have already the 1870 census Milwaukee ? (Fritz age 34)

Posted: 28 Mar 2006 5:17PM GMT
Surnames: Gottschalk
I do have the 1870 census and 1880 census. I am not sure where to go from there.

Posted: 28 Mar 2006 9:10PM GMT
Edited: 10 Apr 2006 7:50PM GMT
I posted to the Milwaukee board also but in 1860 Fred Gottschalk and brother Charles are living with Johann and Sophie Bock. (the same Sophia listed as Mother on 1870 census?)

Re: Fritz, Caroline, Martha Gottschalk-Milwaukee County

Posted: 9 Mar 2013 1:42PM GMT
Surnames: Gottschalk
Do you have a general birth or death date for Fritz since posting? There were notices in the local German language papers for a Fritz Gottschalk in 1904 (69 yr). I also indexed probate notices published later that year for a Friedrich Gottschalk.

There are about 190 occurrences of Gottschalk in the current version of "Milwaukee's German Newspapers; an index of death notices and related items" (1844-1950).
For more specific information contact:
Gary Rebholz, compiler/editor
Milwaukee Wis.
gary.rebholz@gmail.com
Indexing Milwaukee's German newspapers continuously since 2007... helping to access our historic German-American culture.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic