Search for content in message boards

KLEM, Joseph b. 1834

KLEM, Joseph b. 1834

Harriet Lytle (View posts)
Posted: 15 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: KLEM, SUBERT
Josef KLEM, a carpenter of Liblin No. 4 (the son of Jan KLEM, master cooper of Liblin and Rosalie ZALONDER of Hradiste) b. 1834 came to NY in 1880. His pass to America dated 27 Jul 1880 was good for 3 months. His oldest dau., Anna, b. 1860, came to NYC first to earn money to bring the rest of the family to America. Anna m. Frank Hubeny. Josef Klem's wife was Marie Anna SUBERT (the dau. of Anton SUBERT, master potter of Kozlany No.99 and Anna HOFMANN of Kozlany). Josef and Marie's other children who came to America with them were Josef, Jr. b. 1864 who m. Justina Vrchlavsky, Anton b. 1874 who m. Marie Heyduk and Mary b. 1880 who m. Frank Pilc. Josef Klem Sr.'s wife, Marie, is said to have died ca. 1893 in NYC. Josef Klem Sr. d. 25 Oct 1920 in Elizabeth, NJ and is bur. in the Rosehill Cemetery in Linden, NJ. Is anyone else researching these families?

Re: KLEM, Joseph b. 1834

Posted: 20 Apr 2010 9:47PM GMT
HELLO,
Nice to talk to you by e-mail. I am desperately looking for information on my great grandfather's descendents. His name is Frank James Hubeny. He was born in Chicago and lived in Cicero. His parents came from Prague we believe. I can't find any history on them. Also his wife was Katherin Marie. We have no idea what her previous married name was or her maiden name. I can find no records of her or her marriage to my GGF. Also she had a daughter named Violet Chum who died in her late teens. I can find nothing on her. If you have anything on any of this it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much.

Re: HUBENY

Posted: 20 Apr 2010 9:54PM GMT

Posted: 7 Oct 2010 9:56PM GMT
I have good news for you. Katherine Marie Hubeny was my great aunt. She was born Katherine Marie Moller in Cicero, IL around 1889. She married Henry Chum in 1905. More later.

Posted: 27 Jan 2013 5:11AM GMT
Surnames: Klem
Hi! My husband is a direct descendant of Josef Klem via Josef Jr. Would love to connect. I didn't have any info past Josef Jr on this line.

Thanks!
Bjorna
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions