Search for content in message boards

Tilleys in Bienville Parish, LA

Tilleys in Bienville Parish, LA

Posted: 21 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 6 May 2003 11:30AM GMT
Surnames: Tilley, Hayden, Holden, Holder
I'm a descendant of John Tilley Jr, born in GA about 1804 and died in Texas. He resided in Bienville Parish in 1850 and I'm told that he is the brother of Dr William Tilley of Bienville Parish. I'm interested in any information on his descendants, ancestors or siblings. Specifically I'm trying to find John's wife, Sarah Ann. I'm told that she is possible a Hayden, Holder, or Holden and that she stayed in Louisiana when he moved to Texas and that she is his second wife.

Tilley family

Bertha W. Flovin (View posts)
Posted: 1 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Tilley, Flovain
I am also looking for Tilley family in Bienville Parish.
John Jr. daughter Melissa, married John P. Flovain in 1852.
What happened to John Flovain after Moses was born to Melissa?
I found a John P. Flovain, on 1850 census-Coffee Co. Georgia. Could this the same Flovain?

Re: Tilleys in Bienville Parish, LA

Marilyn Geist (View posts)
Posted: 12 Apr 2004 4:30AM GMT
Surnames: Tilley-Holder
I hope you are still out there researching the Tilleys. I believe the Sarah you are looking for could be a Holder as John Tilley and Sarah lived in the household with my ancestor Jesse Holder along with children. If you have info on Sarah could you please respond. Thanks

Re: Tilleys in Bienville Parish, LA

Margaret Simpson (View posts)
Posted: 18 Apr 2004 2:35PM GMT
Surnames: Tilley, Ulbrich, Meyer, Huegele
Thanks for your posting. I'm still researching the Tilleys. Unfortunately, I don't have any information on Sarah other than her name on the Bienville Parish census. If you run across anything else about her, I'd appreciate hearing of it. My Tilley information can be found at http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~margaretsimpson/.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions