Search for content in message boards

Elmer Schofield

Elmer Schofield

Posted: 6 Dec 2003 7:46PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 12 Jan 2004 5:38PM GMT
Surnames: Hart, Atkinson, Taylor, Schofield
John Hart and Elizabeth Atkinson married and had at least two children, Robert and Elizabeth. John and Elizabeth "Sr." both died in Minnesota, I don't know when or where. Elizabeth's parents were Robert Atkinson and Mary Taylor. Robert was born in Westmoreland, England.
John and Elizabeth's daughter Elizabeth married Elmer Schofield and they had two children, Robert and Margaret. Robert married an Ida __?__. this is all we know of them. a check of the MN death index was inconclusive. I just don't have enough data. I tried to find them in the census but only succeeded in finding Elmer before he married. apparently John and Elizabeth had not yet reached MN by 1880. the 1900 census isn't indexed and I can't find them in the 1920 or 1930 census. I presume they moved on, but I have no clue as to where.

Re: Elmer Schofield

Posted: 2 May 2004 6:11AM GMT
I have an extensive database of Scofield/Schofield in the US. I found your Elmer in Minneola Township, Goodhue, MN in 1900. Source is 1900 US Census. He is born April 1857 abd he is born in Wisconsin, both of his parents are shown born in New York.

Elizabeth is shown as born Jan 1868. She was born in Pennsylvania as are both of her parents.

Elmer and Elizabeth are shown as married for 11 years. If correct they were married circa 1889.

I have more information, email me when you receive this.

- Jim

Re: Elmer Schofield

Posted: 2 May 2004 6:30AM GMT
Edited: 26 Sep 2005 3:48PM GMT
Surnames: Atkinson, Schofield
Jim,
you have really been a great help to me.
I have been seeking the missing branches of the Atkinson family since 1987, with little luck. they are pretty successful at eluding me.
I have my direct Atkinson line well researched, and a few other lines as well, but most of the 12 children of Robert and Mary Atkinson remain pretty much a mystery me.
I have my files online at Rootsweb's WorldConnect. you're more than welcome to look them over and use anything of use to you.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions