Search for content in message boards

Brandon's Ferry? and Melats

Brandon's Ferry? and Melats

Posted: 26 Sep 2001 10:07AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Melat
Would anyone have every heard of Brandon's Ferry, PA? I am searching for information on Henry Alonzo Melat. I have found a Robert Benson Melat b:1871 in Brandon's (Brandons?) Ferry that I believe is his brother, but my ggrandfather is pretty much a mystery. I can place him in Oil City, LA (not PA) in 1911, and Youngstown, OH in 1889-1890.
Any info on what happened to this town would be appreciated.

Re: Brandon's Ferry? and Melats

Posted: 18 Apr 2014 10:46PM GMT
Surnames: Melat
Hi Jodi,

I realize this is a very old message, but if you are still looking of information on Henry Alonzo Melat, and the Melat family in general I may be able to help you out. He is my 1st cousin 4x removed. You should check out my cousin Kipp Melat's website, www.speakingoffamily.com there is tons of Melat info on there including pictures. I have info on my Ancestry tree as well. Feel free to e-mail me at sjcobb@hotmail.com if you ever get this message. :)

Blessings
Sara Cobb

Posted: 2 Jul 2015 1:53PM GMT
Hi Jodi,
Just found your very old note. My great grandfather was Robert Benson Melat and I have quite a bit of info on Henry Alonzo Melat. If you are still available, please email me at hscb49@gmail.com.
Helen Carr Baldwin

Posted: 3 Jul 2015 8:31PM GMT
Edited: 3 Jul 2015 8:34PM GMT
It's been quite a few yrs, so you've probably found the info you need.
Henry's passport app....b Coal City
http://familysearch.org/search/record/results?count=20&q...~
Henry s/o Robert/Julia has census, as well as his DC on familysearch.org

I believe Brandon's Ferry is in Sandy Creek Twp, Venango Co PA where Robt & Julia [MORRISON] MELAT resided 1860
"Brandon Ferry is located at the bottom of a steep hill, on a curve of the Allegheny River and in the 1990's was still a very remote area with virtually no homes."
Another ref: says Rockland Twp....guessing ferry across river from Shady Crk to Rockland??
Use GOOGLE.....you might find some more info
per page

Find a board about a specific topic