Search for content in message boards

Armagh Families by Thomas Strothers

Armagh Families by Thomas Strothers

Posted: 19 Feb 2004 8:53AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 27 Nov 2006 6:25AM GMT
Surnames: Allen; Birks; Blackburn; Chapman; Creeth; Furphy; Gray; Hall; Johnson; Kane; Lamb; etc. etc...
Recently received a book from Armagh recently published by Thomas Strothers. Contact me direct for contact information.
cvallee@dccnet.com

Re: Armagh Families by Thomas Strothers

Joe Cummins (View posts)
Posted: 20 Feb 2004 11:27PM GMT
Surnames: McGinnity, McConville
Looking for family contacts re Peter McGinnity and Ann McConville Parish of Upper Killeavy, Co. Armagh, married Oct 15, 1881.

Posted: 23 Feb 2004 12:45AM GMT
Edited: 6 Nov 2006 2:25PM GMT
Surnames: SMYTH, SPARKHALL, WILLIS, HUMPHREY, DEARING, SHERK, HERSHEY, LONDRY, GOULD, DOAN, SPENCER, FOREMAN, HUCKLE, BROWN, CLARK, LUCK, STILLWELL, NEAR
I tried to contact you directly, but the message was returned

I would appreciate it if you could look in your book for any mention of Edward "Gilbert" DEARING who married Eliza GLEESON/GLEASON.
Three children were born in Ireland- Mary Ann, Robert and Edward. The family came to Canada between 1847 and 1853.

A cousin of mine has paid for searches over there to try to find out exactly where in Armagh that they originated, but we have reached a brick wall.

Any help that you might be able to provide would be greatly appreciate

Linda Vallee (View posts)
Posted: 23 Feb 2004 1:38AM GMT
Please try again as I was away and my mailbox was full.
cvallee@dccnet.com

Michael Wods (View posts)
Posted: 3 Mar 2004 2:25PM GMT
Anything on Woods, Gallagher, Grogan, O'Hanlon or McCrilly?
Thanks

Linda Winters Vallee (View posts)
Posted: 4 Mar 2004 6:17PM GMT
I have not found these names in the index.

Posted: 4 Mar 2004 6:53PM GMT
Edited: 11 Mar 2004 8:48PM GMT
Hi:

I would like to know how far back this {Armagh Families by Thomas Strothers} book goes. My family left Ireland in 1833.

Posted: 4 Mar 2004 7:22PM GMT
Edited: 9 Nov 2004 9:05PM GMT
Surnames: CARROLL
Hello. Can you please lookup CARROLL in the book you've made reference to (Armagh Families). thanks !

Joseph Carroll was born in Newry Ireland, County of Armaugh on Apr 15, 1860 and he died Sept 24, 1930 and is buried in St Johns Norway Cemetery in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. He travelled with 8 brothers and 1 sister to Ontario, Canada. There he married Martha Meldrum (1857-1941) on Aug 23, 1887. They had 3 children: Joseph John Carroll (1891-1970), James Henry Carroll (1889-1959) and Emily Jane Carroll (1895-1952). All are buried in St Johns Norway Cemetery in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Joseph is my brick wall and I can not go back further unless I find one of his siblings that came to Canada with him.

Linda Winters Vallee (View posts)
Posted: 4 Mar 2004 11:39PM GMT
I am sorry but Caroll is not in the index of Tom's book.

Linda Vallee (View posts)
Posted: 4 Mar 2004 11:45PM GMT
Some of the trees are pre-1700 and some are after that.
Some of the trees are followed right up to present day. Tom did this book because "it became clear that a consisderable volume of material of interest to family hisorians was in existence and in danger of being lost, including family Bibles, letters, some from emigrants over 150 years old, account books, diaries and pedigrees." He put considerable time into collecting what he could in the Armagh area. Some of you have written to ask me to look up certain names for you. If I go by the index only and do not find the name there - it does not mean it is not included in this research.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic