Search for content in message boards

Bascom Lakin

Bascom Lakin

Alberta Robertson (View posts)
Posted: 27 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Lakin
I give up. Who were the parents of Rev Bascom Lakin(1901-1984)? His bio says he was raised on a farm near Ft. Gay.

Lakin

Betty (Lakin) Davis (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Alcinous Lakin, James Lakin, Edgar Lakin
Can you help me with the research of the Lakin family of Wayne County, WVa? I believe Rev. Bascom Lakin was also known as Dr. B.R. Lakin from Cadle (sp) Tabernacle at Indianapolis, IN. His father may have been James Lakin.
Thanks.

Lakin Cemetery

Betty Lakin Davis (View posts)
Posted: 2 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Does anyone know if there is an address for Lakin Cemetery, which is in Wayne County, WV, near Fort Gay, WV? What I want is to see if there are any records I can get information from.

Thank you.

Rev. BR Laking

Pat Simmons (View posts)
Posted: 15 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Wayne County, WV
Noted your interest in BR Lakin and his family history. BR was married to my father's oldest sister, Violet May Crabtree from Wayne Co, WV also. They had one son, William Ashley Lakin, born in WV but died in an automobile accident in Florida in the early 50s. He left one son, Ronnie Lakin who still resides in Florida.

BR and his wife are buried on the grounds of Liberty Baptist College, Lynchburg, VA (in the Prayer Garden) and the School of Religion at Liberty Baptist is the BR Lakin School of Religion.

If you would like more info, please let me know and I can give you a great deal more.

B.R. Lakin

ARobertson (View posts)
Posted: 16 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Lakin, Billups, Rayburn
Thanks for responding. I've learned quite a bit over the past year about the Lakin's, thanks to Ernie McGuire and others. I didn't know about B.R. and Violet's grandson, though, thanks for the information!
Posted: 8 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 4 Nov 2005 7:41PM GMT
Surnames: Osburn, Cyrus
Bascom Lakin was 18 years old in the 1920 WC Census. He died 3/15/1984. He was married to Violet Crabtree in 1922.

Bascom's parents were Richard Lakin, the son of James & Prudence (Layne) Lakin and Mary (Mollie) Farmer, the daughter of Samuel and Katherine (Rhudy) Farmer. Mollie was born in 1866 in Tazewell County, VA.

The Wayne County Genealogical & Historical Society has published a GREAT 1920 annotated census, requiring well over two years of work, and identifying about 80% of everyone listed. Information includes parents, birth & death dates, who the children married later in life, etc.

Look at our site at HTTP://MEMBERS.CITYNET.NET/WCGHS

Glad to help,

Howard Osburn, Pres.
ozzie304@aol.com

BR Lakin

Luke Peters (View posts)
Posted: 8 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Lakin, Crabtree
Rev. BR Lakin presided over my Grandfather,s (1940) and my Grandmother's (1948) funerals in Fort Gay, Wayne Co., WV. I went to school with Bill, their son, and Burl Crabtree, Violet's youngest brother. Rev. Lakin was with the Cadle Tabernacle in Indianapolis, Indiana for many years. Violet (the Rev.'s wife was a substitute teacher at Fort Gay and Bill and I were her problem students the few times she taught our class. They lived across the street from us on Vancouver Street.

B.R. Lakin

Patti Lakin Smith (View posts)
Posted: 23 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
My great uncle was B. R. Lakin of Wayne County, West Virginia. He was my grandfather's brother. My father, Lawrence Lakin, of Huntington, West Virginia, can probably give you additional information about our family. His e-mail address is

l.lakin@worldnet.att.net

He enjoys geneaology and has quite a bit of data on our family.

Lakin Family

Betty Lakin Davis (View posts)
Posted: 1 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Thanks for your e-mail. I will e-mail L. Lakin tomorrow. Please note my change of e-mail address. I am originally from Wayne County, WVa.

Re: B.R. Lakin

Betty Davis (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jul 2006 8:52PM GMT
This message was posted a long time ago, just hoping maybe you still check these messages.

I need information as to if there is an Indian heritage in the Lakin family. My daughter wants to adopt a foster child she has had for 3 years, and keeps running up against a wall, now the new one is to prove there is Indian blood in the family.

Thanks, Betty
per page

Find a board about a specific topic