Search for content in message boards

Randall ancestors

Randall ancestors

Posted: 17 Jun 2000 9:39PM GMT
Edited: 18 Feb 2002 7:21PM GMT
looking for records for a S.G Randall, a shipbuilder in early 1800's in Thomaston, Maine. When sons thought of going to sea, he moved family to Ohio. Of three sons I have names of two, William J. had farm near Guiton, Ohio; and Leverett Gray Randall has a grave monument in Napoleon, Ohio. Leverett Gray R. had children Inez, May, Tom, Oscar (none with male offspring) and Ortez George Randall, b. 20 Aug 1861, Napoleon, OH, d. 6 Sept 1931, Seattle, WA. Ortez had children Inez May, and Leverett Lester Randall, my father. I am looking for documentation of birth, marriages, death for S.G. Randall, Leverett Gray Randall, and Ortez George Randall.

Re: Randall ancestors

Posted: 22 May 2002 5:29AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Barbara: Just found your post re S.G. Randall. Not sure who S.G. might be. However, I have several of the same names descended from John Randell and Jane Clark. They had son Thomas Clark Randall who m. Margaret Crockett. They had son named Thomas who m. Nancy Gray. Their son was named Leverett Gray Randall after Nancy's father Leverett Gray. Leverett Gray Randall had children: Inez E. b. 2/21/1855, d. 9/24/1891, m. William S. Rogers; Alfred Leverett b. 6/10/1857, d. 1860, Ortez Gray, b. 8/9/1861, m. Sarah Henrich; Mary C. b. 4/14/1866, m Charles A. Siever; Leverett Thomas, b. 1/5/1877; Oscar P. 11/11/1879

According to records, Thomas was the Randall who first decided to move the clan to Ohio. In 1860's Thomas and Nancy and all their children except William and Leverett G. moved to Ottawa, Ks. and later to Cowley county, Ks.

I, and a cousin, have verified the above to census records, cemetery stones, vital records, family records/bibles, etc. If you have any questions please feel free to e-mail me direct.

Re: Randall ancestors

Barbara Randall Petrie (View posts)
Posted: 23 May 2002 4:53AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Randall
Hi, Robert: So glad to hear we have matching names. Am waiting for marriage certificate copy for Leverett Gray Randall and wife, Angeline Sarah Swigart. This is as far back as I have been able to go. Evidently the "S.G." is incorrect; it was verbal info. Ortez was my grandfather; he married Sarah Herrick (Henrich is incorrect). They named my father Leverett Lester, and his sister Inez May. Yours is the first reply to my inquiry; don't know how to proceed from here. Can we exchange e-mail addresses and/or more? Your e-mail address was not on the message I printed out. Sounds like you have a lot of information I need. We must be related, How? Barbara
per page

Find a board about a specific topic