Search for content in message boards

JOHN HART IN 1870, ISABELL HODGE in Millwood

JOHN HART IN 1870, ISABELL HODGE in Millwood

LINDA (View posts)
Posted: 4 May 2002 2:06AM GMT
Classification: Query
My ancestors lived in the same household with a John Hart in 1870..Isabell Hodge and daughters Emma and Martha and son Lewis,Elizabeth Dudley, Nancy Riffe and Sarah Riffe, John Cooke, 2 Athey boys...Just wondering..Does anyone know if they were renting from him or was he family? All of these people are ages 16-22 except for Isabell and Sarah. Does anyone know of these families in Millwood. Thanks for your help.

Re: JOHN HART IN 1870, ISABELL HODGE in Millwood

Dena Thornton (View posts)
Posted: 5 May 2002 12:34AM GMT
Surnames: Hodge-Athey-Foster-Nall
Linda,
Could you give me the Athey boys names?Isabel Hodge was in my line.Also the Atheys.Isabel was my g-g-grandmother.
Thanks
Dena

LINDA (View posts)
Posted: 5 May 2002 4:00AM GMT
Hi Dena, Would love to know if your ggrandparent was Martha or Lewis Hodge? Isabell brought John Athey age 20 from Al on the 1870 census 5th precinct page 463 and Ben Athey age 22 She also had John Cooke age 20, Elizabeth Dudley age 21.Plus her own children Emma(my ancestor) and Lewis and Mary Ann(Martha). I hope this helps. Emma and Lewis went to Van Zandt county along with the 2 Athey boys. Ben marrried into the family... And then later John married Isabelle granddaughter. All lived on the same property in Mabank, Texas area Please share your line with me too. Linda

Dena Thornton (View posts)
Posted: 5 May 2002 8:58PM GMT
Linda,
I am looking at the book by Whit Athey.My g-grandfatherBenjamin Franklin Athey1847 Al. married Marths Ann Singleton Hodge.She was dau of John S. Hodge and Isabel(Peach) Hodge.They had:Benjamin Franklin-1871
Susana1873
Isabel Singleton 1876
Duran Peach 1877
Martha Levoney 1879
Emma Wilson 1881
Henrietta 1882
John Dillard 1884
Charlie Monroe 1886
Lucy Jane 1888
Arthur Mark 1890
Do any of these sound like your line?Isabel Singleton is my line.I live in Greenville,Tx if that helps Dena

LINDA (View posts)
Posted: 6 May 2002 1:39AM GMT
Hi Dena, we are cousin. My Emma is yours sister. I have have a picture that Whit sent me of yours. He has included me in his line now. We have lots of cousins in Mabank. Emma and Lewis moved down there I suppose after Isabell died. I live near where Isabell lived in Collin County. Dena, would you send me your line. I thought I would never find anymore of the family in Collin County. Didn't Benjamin stay in Collin County? I thought I saw him in the cemetary down there in Mabank. The George Washington Henson and Emma Hodge are my gggrandparents. I am so excited to hear from you. I never saw a picture of Emma, but I have one of Lewis (yours and mine's brother). Would love to hear from you! Linda

Kelley Schneider (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jun 2002 1:39PM GMT
dena
Charlie monroe Athey was my ggrandfather. My grandmother is Loreta Faye Athey Jones in Candadian TX
I have gotten stumped on Charlie Monroe, do you have any info on his birth
thanks kelley

LINDA (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jun 2002 9:54PM GMT
Hi, Is your Charlie Monroe Athey married to martha Askins? His father was Benjamin Athey married to Mary Ann Singleton Hodge. Mary Ann's sister was mines. Have you contacted Whit Athey at wathey@clmcintosh.com? He did an Athey book and has lots of Athey's and mine. I have double Athey's. Some of the one's in Collin County went to Van Zandt county near Mabank and married into another side of my line later down the line. There is a family line under Athey when you search family trees in rootsweb. If this is your line...and I am pretty sure it is then the Atheys came from Ramer , Ala. with my folks as young men in their late teens. Let me know if I have made a connection for you. Linda

Posted: 13 Jun 2002 10:21PM GMT
YES, YES AND YES AGAIN. CHARLIE MONROE WAS MARRIED TO MARTHA ASKINS, THEY WERE MY GRANDMOTHER LORETA FAYE'S PARENTS. THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE INFORMATION ABOUT THE ATHEY BOOK. MY MOTHER HAS ONE BUT IT IS NOT THE SAME ONE
THANKS AGAIN

LINDA (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jun 2002 2:17AM GMT
Well cousin, hi! I guess you know Dena Thorton in Greenville then. She is your line too. Is your Athey book by Whit Athey? He has a picture of Ben and Mary Ann Hodge Athey. I have Mary Ann's only. I bet he would send it to you since I got mine from him. If your book is different then there is lots of info that you do not have. In the Athey family tree at rootsweb there is a whole lot of info..and where they came from.etc. Do you happen to know Clarence Athey and Linda Athey in Mabank by any chance? She is Linda Athey Engel. Actually we intermarried with Atheys at least three times in the Mabank area after they left Collin County. Mary Ann Hodge Athey's mother Isabell is buried there at South Church cemetary in Millwood. Stone is broken but I have a picture of it on my computer.

Posted: 14 Jun 2002 1:02PM GMT
I seem to be finding cousins all over. The book my mom has isn't the one you are talking about. I emailed whit athey and the email was returned undeliverable.
as far as Clarence and Linda, my grandmother faye probably would know, i'll ask when i talk to her. I know that she still goes to a "cousins"reunion in Crowell each year. I will give her a call and find out when and where they are held.
Thanks again
Kelley
ps you can email me direct at kschneider@my.amigo.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions