Search for content in message boards

Godlewski, Pyznar, Bragiel, Nowak

Godlewski, Pyznar, Bragiel, Nowak

Posted: 6 Apr 2011 6:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Godlewski, Pyznar, Bragiel, Nowak
Looking for relatives in Osobnica, Poland with these names. My relatives lived in Osobnica and came to the United States from 1890's to early 1900's. Most settled in Chicago, Illinois. If there is anyone related to these names and would like to see if we are related, please reply. Thank you.

Re: Godlewski, Pyznar, Bragiel, Nowak

Posted: 10 Jun 2011 1:50PM GMT
Hi,

I looked on the map and Osobnica is not that far from Jedlicze or Krosno. Did any of your Nowaks come from either one of those towns?

Thanks, and have a great day!
Paul

Posted: 14 Jun 2011 1:48PM GMT
I am looking for Amelia(Emelia)? Nowak, Born 1881, Married Wojciech Mazur, Died 1937. Their son my grandfather settled in Chicago. Stanley Mazur. Any relation?

Posted: 18 Jun 2011 8:28PM GMT
Surnames: Bargiel, Boduch,
My father is Roman Bargiel from Krosno, son of Antoni Bargiel.

Any relation?

Henryka

Posted: 1 Jan 2012 11:12PM GMT
Greetings!
I am curious if any relatives exist from the Chicago area (or anywhere else) with the last name of Bragiel originally from Poland. I was born & raised in the Detroit area. Grandparents were Anna (Wrona) & Johannes (John) Bragiel who entered the US around 1913. I believe they came from an area around Krakow but I'm not sure. Anna was born in Austria. My father was Frank Bragiel - one of 5 Bragiel children in the Detroit area.

Thank you!

My email is debbietanciar@yahoo.com.

Posted: 24 Jan 2013 7:14PM GMT
My grandfather, Marcin Godlewski came from the town of Osobnica. His sister, Mary, was married to Jakub Bragiel. Mary died in 1932 and is buried in our family plot at Resurrection cemetery in Justice, Illinois right outside of Chicago. Many Bragiels in the Chicago area.

All of my family with the above surnames came from the town of Osobnica.

Posted: 24 Jan 2013 7:24PM GMT
Hi Paul, my grandfather's father was Andrezj and his mother was Regina Nowak and they lived in Osobnica. I don't know if they were born there but I am still working on that. Jaslo is a town that is larger and close to Osobnica. That is all I know about my great grandparents
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions