Search for content in message boards

Booth Family

Booth Family

Posted: 4 Apr 2002 6:58PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Booth
I'm researching the Booth family of Montgomery County. My great great grandfather was William Booth who married Lucinda Trail in 1827. Any information will be a great help.

Thanks
Tracy

Re: Booth Family

Posted: 2 May 2002 3:05AM GMT
Edited: 5 May 2002 2:47AM GMT
Tracy,

You just got lucky, maybe... I'm looking at our family tree, and there are some William's, but I'm not finding one in 1827... Got a William Booth in 1815, a William C. Booth in 1868 (son of Abner Booth and Nancy Baskett)... Drop me a line - maybe we can help each other!!!

Amy.

Posted: 2 May 2002 3:11AM GMT
Edited: 5 May 2002 2:47AM GMT
Tracy,

Hope you got the first reply...I'm also researching the Booth family of Montgomery County, and I have several Williams: one born in 1815 (would have been 12 when he got married???), and another born in 1868... Maybe we can help each other...

Amy.

TRACY (View posts)
Posted: 2 May 2002 6:17PM GMT
Surnames: Booth / Boothe
Hi Amy,

Sorry I didn't reply sooner I just checked my email. I'm pretty sure that's not my William. I have him being born somewhere around 1810. I'm sure he was married in 1827 to Lucinda Trail in Montgomery county. I have a copy of the marriage contract. Also I have a copy of a where his death was recorded in 1879 it lists his parents as Abner and Sallie. I've hit a dead end there. I am familiar with the Abner and Nancy you mentioned and have traced that particular line to New York (Dutchess county). If you are related to that line I can help you.

Thanks for sharing.
Tracy

Posted: 5 Mar 2005 6:00PM GMT
Surnames: Trail, Allen, Thompson
I am interested in the TRAIL family. Where did you get a copy of the original marriage contract? Was it from Montgomery County? Does it mention who Lucinda's parents were? Or does it say who was the surety? Thank you for your time. Linda Jo

Posted: 14 Jun 2010 7:08PM GMT
Surnames: Booth Boothe Holmes Gue Gee
I am from a Dutchess Cty, NY line of Booth's and would be interested in what you have. I believe I am related to one of four brothers that can over around 1800 or so from Yorkshire; James (wife Sarah Holmes), George, Richard, John and settled around Poughkeepsie.. I believe there was a Charles, son of James (wifeSally Gee or Gue?), who may have settled aornud Neversink, NY. Beoynd that I have very little info.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic