Search for content in message boards

BLACKLOCK/TIETIE

BLACKLOCK/TIETIE

Posted: 6 Oct 2006 8:13PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: BLACKLOCK, TIETIE
Talofa/Hello:

Any/all assistance is gratefully appreciated.

I am searching descendants, obit info, etc, regarding:

Charles William b.1888 Apia, Samoa
Ella b.1890 Apia, Samoa
Leland b.1892 Apia, Samoa
John Douglas b.1894 Apia, Samoa

Parents:
William BLACKLOCK (Australia)
Apelele TIETIE (Samoa)

I'd received message and I am spreading the word in hopes of finding Blacklock descendants:

"The reason for my research has been an old photo taken by my great grandfather who was a friend of William. The photo was taken in 1915. In the photo is Douglas Blacklock one of his sons, dressed in his Australian army uniform. Douglas was killed at Gallipoli and I have some of the war records from online sources and a little information on other family members including one of his sisters and a few details on his brother Charles. I am doing the research in the hope of finding the family so I could pass on a copy of the photo as it was probably the last photo of Douglas. My grandmother who is 95 remembers the Blacklock family coming to lunch that day." --Julia Harvey(Australia)

Kind thoughts to ALL. Fa'afetai/Thanks.

Manuia/Regards,
--Manaia

Re: TIETIE

Liaga (View posts)
Posted: 18 Nov 2006 5:09PM GMT
Edited: 19 Nov 2006 12:51AM GMT
Surnames: Tietie, Tuisaua
We have a Tietie who married a Peniata Tuisaua or Tuisaula she is the great grandmother of my mother-in -law. The marriage certificate does not state the first name of Tietie. Please can you help, could this Apele Tietie be married twice.

Posted: 19 Nov 2006 12:49AM GMT
Surnames: BLACKLOCK, T'IET'IE, TUISAUA/TUISAULA
Talofa/Hello:

Are you familiar with the name:

Ualesi TUISAUA/TUISAULA?

Per www.familysearch:
Peniata TUISAULA m. Apele T'IET'IE

I had happened on this data while researching BLACKLOCK/APELE awhile ago - never questioned it but always wondered about her return to Apia.

Ualesi is listed as a daughter of Apele T'IET'IE.
----

Thank you for all your contributions lately - <G>.

Manuia/Regards,
--Manaia

Posted: 19 Nov 2006 1:11AM GMT
Surnames: TIETIE, TUISAULA
Correction to my last post:

Per www.familysearch.org:
Mr. TUISAULA m.1904 Apele TIETIE

Regards,
--Manaia

Re: BLACKLOCK/TIETIE

Christine Liava'a (View posts)
Posted: 22 Nov 2006 6:30PM GMT
In the Australian Army recordsfor Douglas Blacklock, he was born in Strathfield, Sydney, and his next of kin was his father William Blacklock, Whareiti, Wentworth Rd, Strathfield.

Later in the file are letters from the Public Trust of Samoa, concerning the death of William Blacklock in 1967.
One asks about the marriage of Douglas' parents- William Blacklock and Apele Atoa- as theyare trying to find the marriage registration.

There is no other mention of Douglas' mother in the file

Re: BLACKLOCK/TIETIE/ATOA

Posted: 23 Nov 2006 5:02PM GMT
Surnames: ATOA, BLACKLOCK, PALATILOTA, TI'ETI'E, TUGAGA,TUISAUA/TUISAULA
Talofa/Hello:

--Well... the plot thickens.

"Later in the file are letters from the Public Trust of Samoa, concerning the death of William Blacklock in 1967.
One asks about the marriage of Douglas' parents- William Blacklock and Apele Atoa- as theyare trying to find the marriage registration." --Christine Liava'a

--I can understand the perplexities, puzzlements, and concerns of trying to locate a "marriage registration" for "William Blacklock and Apele Atoa".

--Apele had (4)sisters and (1)brother - Polito Atoa Ti'eti'e.

--Apele was thought to have been married twice, but it seems with your new discovery she may have been married a third time - BLACKLOCK(m.1887) and TUISAUA/TUISAULA(m.1904) - to: PALATILOTA(m.1881).

--Yes... that would place Apele at the young age of 12. But per the records for Apele ATOA she would have been married at age 19, age 24, and age 31 respectively.

--TUISAUA/TUISAULA descendant - Liaga - have you knowledge of a marriage before BLACKLOCK regarding Apele TI'ETI'E?

--Per www.familysearch.org:
Apele ATOA
b.1862 Falelatai Upolu, Samoa, Pacific Islands
Parents: VAATUITUI ATOA m. Saini
====

I will try to locate ATOA/TUGAGA of California.

Fa'afetai lava/Thanks! Christine - <G>.

Manuia/Regards,
--Manaia

Re: BLACKLOCK/TIETIE/ATOA

Posted: 23 Nov 2006 5:53PM GMT
Surnames: BLACKLOCK, ELLA, TI'ETI'E, TUGAGA
Talofa/Hello:

Ella BLACKLOCK
b.22 JAN 1890 Apia Upolu, , Samoa, Pacific Islands
Parents: William BLACKLOCK & Apele TI'ETI'E

ATOA ELLA
b.15 NOV 1924 Savalalo,Upolu, , Samoa, Pacific Islands
Parents: Polito Atoa TI'ETI'E & Fa'agutu TUGAGA
====

ELLA/Ella is a significant name for the aiga/Family.

Manuia/Regards,
--Manaia

Christine Liava'a (View posts)
Posted: 24 Nov 2006 7:19AM GMT
William Blacklock was an American who was a trader and United States consul-general in Samoa from the 1880s to 1905;
This timeline may help

In 1889 he was in Apia; (hurricane)
in the 1890s he was in Apia (RL Stevenson)
In 1900 he was in American Samoa (liquor licence)
In 1907 he was in American Samoa ( courtcase)
In 1914 he was in Sydney(AIF file)
in 1915 he was in Sydney (AIF file)
In 1967 he died. Public Trust of Samoa dealt with his estate.

His son John Douglas Blacklock claims to have been born in Strathfield Sydney in 1894. Familysearch says he was born in Samoa

Posted: 4 Apr 2007 4:26AM GMT
Hello, just wondering if you had made contact with any of the Ti'eti'e or Blacklock family members. My grt-grand father is Polito Ti'eti'e Atoa, brother of Apele Ti'eti'e, whos first husband was William Blacklock and they had 4 children 3 boys & 1 daughter.

William & Apele's grandaughter Mildred Lincoln, Charles daughter, attended her first Atoa/Tugaga reunion in 2002 held in Samoa and that was the first time my family met her. I saw her again at our Atoa/Tugaga Fiji 2005 reunion.....she would love to have any picture of her grandfather.

Faagutu

Posted: 8 Apr 2007 5:36PM GMT
Surnames: BLACKLOCK, HARVEY, TI'ETI'E
"I am doing some research on William Blacklock who was the American consul in Samoa in the 1890. He was married to Apele Tietie. I have found some information on him and his children. The reason for my research has been an old photo taken by my great grandfather who was a friend of William. The photo was taken in 1915. In the photo is Douglas Blacklock one of his sons, dressed in his Australian army uniform. Douglas was killed at Gallipoli and I have some of the war records from online sources and a little information on other family members including one of his sisters and a few details on his brother Charles. I am doing the research in the hope of finding the family so I could pass on a copy of the photo as it was probably the last photo of Douglas. My grandmother who is 95 remembers the Blacklock family coming to lunch that day" --Julia Harvey

Talofa/Hello:

You might want to check out RW BLACKLOCK messageboards:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.blacklock/206.1/mb.ashx
Re: Samoa: Blacklock, Ella & Capt.Bill - Douglas

and please give the author Julia Harvey a contact. Plus let us know of your findings, fa'amolemole/please.

Manuia/Regards,
--Manaia
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions