Search for content in message boards

deSmidt/Marslje

deSmidt/Marslje

Posted: 28 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 16 Sep 2001 9:53PM GMT
Surnames: deSmidt, Marsilje, Crokek, VerMeulen, Scheerens
I am looking for info in the Netherlands on 2 families. Abraham deSmidt b. 1795/96 in Biervliet, Zeeland m.(1st) Wilhelmine Crokek and (2nd) Lentjen VerMeulen. This family emigrated to the US in 1848. Also, Pieter Marsilje b. about 1806 m. Maria Scheerens and probably living in Grode Zeeland. The Marsilje family emigrated to the US in 1849. Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Re: deSmidt/Marsilje

Posted: 29 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 1 Jul 2001 6:57PM GMT
Surnames: deJonge, Clicquennoi, Faas, Geensen, deVisser, Braal, van Es, Koene, van Herseele, Mallefas
There is a website that provides emigration data and there is info about both Abraham de Smidt and Pieter Marsilje at (http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Flats/page132.htm AND
/page186.htm).

Do you have parents for Abraham de Smidt? I have a person by that name listed as the nephew (neef) of our ancestor Francois Martinus de Jonge on the latter's death certificate in 1828 in Schoondijke and I do not yet have a connection.

Abraham deSmidt

Posted: 30 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: deSmidt

I do not have any parents for my Abraham deSmidt (b. 1795/1796 in Biervliet). I have not done any research yet in Dutch records. I will keep your name in my file and if I should find a connection to the deJonge family, I will send it on to you.

A. DeSmidt

Posted: 31 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 1 Jul 2001 6:57PM GMT
Surnames: Faas, DeJonge, Clicquennoi, DuBois, deVisser, Braal, Goijsen
THe Abraham DeSmidt that I am interested in appears on the 1828 Schoondijke death certificate for FRANCOIS MARTINUS DeJONGE; Abraham is listed as Francois' nephew.
I believe that he may have been the son of a sister of Francois' first wife, Johanna Jacoba van Es.

de Smi(d)t Biervliet 1790s

Stephen Tarling (View posts)
Posted: 12 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: de Smit, Schmelzer, Smalle, Abeele, van der Linden
Hi Monica, My g-g-g-grandfather is Pieter Jacobus de Smit, born in Biervliet in about 1793, son of Jacobus Bernardus de Smidt and Maria Chatrina Vernave. Perhaps Abraham could be a brother?? Do you have the marriage details for either of Abraham's marriages - it should give his parents? If not do you know where and when he married please?

My Netherlands family history page is as below.
Good luck and happy hunting.
Cheers, Stephen

Abraham deSmidt

Posted: 9 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: deSmidt

Stephen, The only information I have on my Abraham deSmidt at this time is that he and his wives were from Biervliet. I am assuming that both marriages occurred there, as all of his children were born in Biervliet. He probably married his first wife (Wilhelmine Crokek) about 1821, as the first child was born in March of 1822. The last child from this marriage was born in August 1832. The second marriage (Lentjen VerMeullen) occurred between 1832 and 1835. The first child from this marriage was born in October 1835.
I also noticed on your family history page that you had a family in Great Somerford in 1851. I have a family that was also there at that time (the Oliver Blizzard family who emigrated to the US about 1852). The world gets smaller all the time.

I have some Biervliet records

Stephen Tarling (View posts)
Posted: 10 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: de Smit, de Smidt
Hi Monica, Yes,and the world is getting smaller. Because I've been tracing my de Smi(d)t in Biervliet I have some of the microfilms at (or coming to) a local LDS centre including marriages 1796 - 1842, so if you want next time I'm going there (early June possibly) I'll take along your details and see if there is anything to help you, starting with the marriages. However as far as I can tell the indexes only start from 1843.

Given the size of places like Biervliet and Great Somerford it's amazing anyone else has ever heard of them, let alone has relatives from there!

Thanks for your reply, cheers, Stephen

Re: Abraham deSmidt

Posted: 3 Feb 2010 4:16AM GMT
Abraham Desmidt was the Son of Abraham deSmidt and Maria Van Putten. message me and I will invite you to the Ketman/ Desmidt family tree I have. TTYL

Re: deSmidt/Marslje

Posted: 27 Apr 2010 2:11AM GMT
If you are still looking for information on these de Smidt and Marsielje families, please contact me at:
mrisseeuw@yahoo.com

These families emigrated to Wisconsin and I have information on them.

Re: Abraham deSmidt

Posted: 27 Apr 2010 11:09PM GMT
Surnames: DeSmidt
I would love to see your branch of the family tree. You may contact me at smithmo3@verizon.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions