Search for content in message boards

My Brister mystery

My Brister mystery

Posted: 24 Jun 2011 8:31PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 27 Jun 2011 8:54PM GMT
Surnames: Brister, Dennis, Osburn, Price, Tunstill
Could someone please help me with the Brister line?

I have a Lelia Ethel Brister, born, 30 Jun 1922, Brighton,Tipton,Tennessee . On her SS form(1946) she listed Lee Brister as the Father and Mother unknown. On her death notice, it is listed as Lee Cyrus Brister as Father and Geneva Dennis as Mother. I can't find any mention of a Lee Cyrus Brister, anywhere, but I do find William Lee Brister (06 May 1889, Mississippi) marrying Geneva Dennis (abt.July,1899, TN), Nov. 18, 1917, in Tipton County, Tennessee.

On the 1920 census, Wm and Geneva have one child, Eula Brister, born about 1918, in Tipton County, TN. On the 1930 census, Eula is listed with Wm and a Lelia. I'm checking to see if Geneva's middle name was Lelia, or she may be a different wife.

I have documentation that they( Lee and Geneva) , had another daughter, Lelia Ethel Brister, but she isn't listed anywhere on the 1930 census.

I need help finding where she went. I know she ended up in an orphanage in Clarksdale, Coahoma County, Mississippi and was taken in by Mrs. Ethel Tunstill Price and Robert Elisa Price. Can anyone help solve this mystery? Has anyone ever heard of a Lee Cyrus Brister?

Another mystery to the mix, is...I have a Mrs. Geneva Brister marrying an A.J. Osburn, 04 Dec 1924, Tipton County, TN.. I found her in the 1930 census, with two Osburn children, but no A.J. and no Lelia Brister.
Can anyone help with this tangled web?

Thanks,
Peggy

Re: My Brister mystery

Posted: 27 Jun 2011 9:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Burcham, George, Dennis,
Update.

Geneva's mother was Mossie LNU. She remarried to a William Robert George. 01 Aug 1929, Tipton Count, Tennesse.

While married to Mr. Dennis, she had another daughter. Mandy Lee Dennis, b.abt.Sep 1893, Mississippi.

Mandy Lee Dennis married John R Burcham, 03 Sep 1910, Fayette County, Tennessee

I'm still looking for any info. on Geneva and Mandy's parents.

Thank you,
Peggy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions