Search for content in message boards

John Henry Tubbs-Hazel Wright /Tubbs

John Henry Tubbs-Hazel Wright /Tubbs

shirl (View posts)
Posted: 4 Nov 2004 1:16AM GMT
Classification: Query
looking for info on John Henry Tubbs born -1918 .d:1962 Decatur,Al.married Hazel Marie Wright born 6-10-1920's in Bartlesville,Ark.can anyone help..this is all the info right now i have

Re: John Henry Tubbs-Hazel Wright /Tubbs

Posted: 15 Jan 2009 1:18AM GMT
Yes, I know John Henry Tubbs, he was my grandfather. I never met Hazel but I did know their youngest son, John jr.
My mother is he daughter from his first marriage to Susie Tubbs.
Hope this helps.

Posted: 17 Jan 2009 1:10AM GMT
Surnames: Tubbs/Lindsey/Ayers/AL/MS/MO
Hello hartley 19,

Your grandfather was one of my grandmother's brother's. I see where you posted John's wife Susie Ann Ayers on our LINDSE~1 family tree and I was so excited to see it. Mary E. "Mollie" Tubbs Lindsey died in 1917 of the flu leaving her young children and my father was the youngest, about 5. I only had a few rough notes on Mollie's siblings nick or sometimes middle names. It took me years to find her parents and more information on her family. We have no pictures at all on her side of the family. They were the children of Lucien B. Tubbs and Mary Ann Hall. Lucien's sister Mary E. Tubbs b.1853 married my grandfather, Robert Paul Lindsey's oldest brother Frances Marian Lindsey b.1852. I would love to exchange information with you. I hope to hear from you.
Molly Ann Lindsey.

Posted: 17 Jan 2009 1:20AM GMT
WOW, I hope these are the right people. There are so many out there with the same names from that time period. I don't know a lot about my grandfather or my grandmothers people. But I would be happy to exchange notes.
here is my email address;
hartley19@verizon.net
Shirley

Posted: 17 Jan 2009 1:35AM GMT
That is what I thought when I read your post today. WOW. Your John Henry Tubbs was in Cornith,MS Alcorn County MS in 1920 with wife Susie & three of their children. See below. I could not find him on the 1930 census and now I think it might be because he moved to AR and remarried???
View Record Name Parent or spouse names Home in 1920
(City,County,State) Estimated
Birth Year Birthplace Race Relation View Image
View Record

John H Tubbe
[John H Tubbs] name city, Alcorn, Mississippi abt 1889 location race relation
View Record

Susie Tubbe
[Susie Tubbs] name city, Alcorn, Mississippi abt 1896 location race relation
View Record

Clar Tubbe
[Clar Tubbs] name,
name city, Alcorn, Mississippi abt 1914 location race relation
View Record

Mannie Tubbe
[Mannie Tubbs] name,
name city, Alcorn, Mississippi abt 1915 location race relation
View Record

Ben E Tubbe
[Ben E Tubbs] name,
name city, Alcorn, Mississippi abt 1916 location race relation

Posted: 17 Jan 2009 1:42AM GMT
Oh yes, that's the right people! I am excited now!
I have a photo of my grandfather but I would need your email address.
I believe they moved to Ar after my mother was born in 1923 or a few years later.
John Henry & Susie Ayers married Dec. 3, 1911, in Colbet County, Al. moved from there to Mississippi then to Ar. They divorced in 1937, they're youngest child wasn't even a year old. My grandmother never remarried, raised all the kids by herself.

Posted: 17 Jan 2009 1:43AM GMT
Shirley,

My email is mollyann1946@hotmail.com. I will forward you something I wrote my first cousin today about your posting on his LINDSE~1 site. There are lots of pictures of Lindseys and his wifes side of the family but as I said there are no Tubbs because you are the first contact I have found on the Tubbs line.

Molly
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions