Search for content in message boards

Randolph's in Panola Co. MS

Randolph's in Panola Co. MS

P Randolph (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jul 2002 1:49PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Randolph
I am looking for info on Benjamin F. Randolph married to Amanda E. He was in the Sardis Blues. He later to Camp Co. Tx. I am also interested in a Benjamin Walter Randolph (maybe Walter Benjamin Randolph). He was married to a E. (maybe Elaine) Moore. He also later moved to Texas.
Thanks

Re: Randolph's in Panola Co. MS

Posted: 25 Aug 2002 9:33PM GMT
Edited: 6 Sep 2002 3:10PM GMT
You might check in the batesville area, of panola co. Some of the Randolphs live out 35 toward charleston. Good luck

Robert Adickes (View posts)
Posted: 4 Sep 2002 7:50PM GMT
Surnames: Robert Gillam Booth
Adine Randolph (b. 1841) married Robert G. Booth, they lived in Panola County in 1860. later moved to Texas.
My grandmother was Sallie Roberta Hicks Booth Adickes, she died in 1933. Do you have any information on the Booth family of Panola County?

Janice Wallace (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jul 2003 7:37PM GMT
Surnames: Randolph, Booth, Adickes
Robert Adickes, please contact me about Adine Randolph. I am a Randolph descendant and I think I may have information that you would like to have. Janice j.e.wallace@shawus.com

Posted: 2 Jan 2004 1:02AM GMT
Benjamin F. Randolph (Feb 1838, Ms) married Amanda Elvira (Mandy) Moore (Jan 1848). They are my husband's g-g-grandparents. They had 11 children, 7 lived. They are:
Mary A. (Molly) 1869 MS
James T. 1870 MS
Sarah Lou May 12, 1872 Panola Co.Ms. Married John Wesley Stephens July 6, 1893 in Camp Co. Tx.
Jennie M. 1874 MS
John Henry Nov 1882 TX
Ida Lou April 1886 TX
Anna Bell Sept 1889 TX
I have not been able to document who Benjamin's parents were, just that his father was born in VA (as on 1880 Camp Co Tx census).

Janice Wallace (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jan 2004 4:49PM GMT
Surnames: Randolph, Ragsdale, Tanner
I am very much interested in your line of Randolphs. I have already posted here, but have not received any responses. Robert Adickes, who posted here once before, is in the line that I am researching. W. S. Randolph is his direct and a lateral line of mine.

We are pretty sure that your Benjamin F. of Panola Co., Tn. is not in our line, yet not positive. Are you interested in working on this together? Do you know what Moores were the family of Amanda who married Benjamin?

If Benjamin was born in Mississippi in 1838, we should be able to find his parents in the 1850 census which would give names and ages of children. I'm sure you have looked there. Perhaps he was not really born in Mississippi if he doesn't appear there. I do believe, if their parents had died, some children were not really sure where they were born and assumed that it was where they were living at the time of their parents' deaths. When did Benjamin first appear on the Panola Co., Ms. census?

Gail Alldredge (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jan 2004 6:12PM GMT
Some court records in Texas, indicate that Benjamin F. Randolph's father could be James, with his mother (or sister) possibly being Eliza T. Not able to establish Moore line yet. Keep in touch.

Posted: 2 Mar 2010 4:21AM GMT
I am interested in any information you may have. Benjamin Franklin Randolph is my ggg grandfather, his daughter Jennie Mae Randolph was my gg grandmother. She married James T. Tillery in Camp Cty, Tx, and later moved to Buffalo,and Dew, Tx., she and my grandfather are both buried in Dew, Freestone,TX. My email is mjwalker5449@aol.com

Posted: 2 Mar 2010 4:23AM GMT
Benjamin Franklin Randolph is my ggg grandfather,his daughter Jennie Mae Randolph is my gg grandmother. My email is mjwalker5449@aol.com

Posted: 31 Oct 2011 1:44AM GMT
Edited: 31 Oct 2011 1:45AM GMT
Surnames: Roark, Chambliss, Palmer, Phillips, Whatley, Dayton.
The oldest sister of my gg grandfather, Russel Roark (1815-1899) was Frances Caroline "Fannie" Roark. Fannie's family had moved to Henderson Cty., TN from having lived in both Franklin Cty., TN and Madison County, Alabama.
Whitnel Sephas Randolph, as a young man, purchased land next to Fannie's father, John Roark. Fannie and Whitnel married in Henderson Cty. and migrated to Marshall Cty., MS in 1835. (Most of John Roark's family had already left TN moving to Texas in 1834.)
We have had a hard time locating Whitnel S. Randolph's parents. Rumors have it that it was a John Randolph, or possibly John was Whitnel's brother who also moved to the Holly Springs area of MS.
Have not made any connections between Whitnel S. Randolph and Benjamin F. Randolph as being related even though Benjamin worked a farm in Panola Cty., MS where Whitnel had gained a plantation. Benjamin d. in Camp, Texas in 1905. One or two of Whitnel's sons migrated to Texas after the Civil War and settled in Walker Cty.
I've seen the Benjamin Walter Randolph name, but have made no connections betw. him and Benjamin.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions