Search for content in message boards

Havice Family Search

Havice Family Search

Margie Havice (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Havice, Wagner
Looking for George Havice and his ancestors of Armagh Twp., Mifflin County. He married Lavina Wagner of Kishacoquilles Valley, daughter of Isaac Wagner.

RE: George Havice

Posted: 3 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 25 Jun 2001 1:46PM GMT
Is this the son of Frederick and Lavina Chrissman Havice? According to a thesis written by Blaine L. Havice Jr. George Washington Havice went into law. Prior to the Spanish-American War George served as a special envoy to Japan. After the war he became a superintendant of a government farm at Zamboan in the Philippines.

My connection to the Havice name is by marriage through the Henry Havice line that moved to Erie County, Ohio in 1863 from Mifflin County, PA.

George Havice

Margie Havice (View posts)
Posted: 5 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Havice
Joyce-
YES!! It is the son of Fredrick & Lavina! I received a copy of that thesis from Blaine's brother, and as an added bonus, the actual obituary from Blaine. I'm so excited to finally connect the branches of my family tree. Can you "flesh-out" the descendants of Henry for me? Actually of the 32 letters I sent to Havices of PA, 5 were returned, a few couldn't help, but they answered and everyone else helped me or referred me to someone else. Are you related to Ireta Havice of Parkman, Ohio? She was most kind with information & I didn't even know about her. Someone gave her my name & address!
Thanks! Margie Havice

Havice Genealogy

Posted: 22 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 5 Jan 2002 11:12PM GMT
My mothers name is Minnie Carney Havice. She had 11
brothers and sisters. Her fathers name was Ervin Havice his
brother was Otis, and a sister Iva (Havice) Curry His father was Charley M. Havice b. 1854
d. 21 Mar 1921
Wife was Leticia b. 1860 d.1908
Hope we can work something out. Let me know
Charlotte

RE: Havice

Posted: 23 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 25 Jun 2001 1:46PM GMT
Margie, I just came across your reply to previous message. My first husband was Verne Havice, son of Romeo. Bob and Verne were first cousins. Is the Don referred to in your e-mail address the son of Harold & Esther? If I help you further with the Henry Havice line, please contact me directly by e-mail. Joyce

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions