Search for content in message boards

Isaac Rivers and Henrietta Hurst

Isaac Rivers and Henrietta Hurst

Lisa Stephens (View posts)
Posted: 23 Apr 2006 12:01PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hurst, Rivers, Gainey
Is anyone researching Isaac Hurst and Henrietta Rivers who were born and died in Chesterfield SC?

Per posted trees and census records, Isaac was born about 1804 and died 1855. Henrietta was born about 1805 and died 1865.

I am primarily interested in getting pictures of their tombstones but any other information/pictures of them or their descendants would be appreciated.

Re: Isaac Rivers and Henrietta Hurst

Charlie (View posts)
Posted: 5 May 2006 8:37PM GMT
Isaac Hurst died 30 Sept 1884, Henrietta Rivers Hurst was born in May 1805 and died 15 Aug 1865. They are buried in the Old Hurst Cemetery.
Isaac remarried after Henrietta died to a lady named Sarah Ann as evidence by the 1880 Census listing Sarah Ann as wife.

Charlie

Posted: 22 Jun 2006 1:29AM GMT
Classification: Cemetery
Hello Lisa,

I have pictures of Isaac Hurst and Henrietta Hurst gravestones. If you would like, I could send them to you.

Thanks,
Brent Davis

Posted: 22 Jun 2006 2:20AM GMT
Edited: 2 Jul 2006 9:58PM GMT
Yes please. Are they digital? If so, my email is lisa_stephens81@hotmail.com.

Feel free to contact me by email directly

Lisa

Posted: 2 Jul 2006 9:59PM GMT
Would love pictures. How can I get copies?

Lisa

lisa_stephens@verizon.net

Posted: 25 Aug 2006 5:16AM GMT
Edited: 31 Oct 2006 5:32AM GMT
Surnames: Davis, Rivers, Hurst
In researcing Issac Rivers, some one has mixed the Issac Rivers of South Carolina with another Issac Hurst. The 1880 Census shows Issac Hurst living in Chesterfield Co, Court House Dist. South Carlina
I am researcing Issac and Heneritta Hurst because their daughter, Nancy Jane married William Alfred Davis, my great grandfather,
Another daughter, Sarah Anne married Fredrick Rivers

Posted: 25 Aug 2006 5:26AM GMT
Surnames: Davis, Rivers, Hurst
I am researching Isaac Rivers and Henritta Rivers because their daughter, Nancy Jane married William Alfred Davis, my great grandfather.
Issac was alive in the 1880 Census, SC, Chesterfield County, Court House Dist. but Heneritta had passed away. During my research I found that someone had mixed up the Issac Hurst with another Issac Hurst.
Another daugter of Issac and Heneritta, Sarah Ann, marrried Fredrick C. Hurst.

Re: Davis

Posted: 27 Aug 2006 1:42PM GMT
Surnames: Hurst, Rivers, Gainey, Davis, Scribner
This is a long shot but:

Are you related to Dora Magnolia Davis? She is my ggg grandmother, wife of William Edward Scribner. They are buried in Stoney Point Cemetery in Collin Co., TX. (Many of my relatives are buried there and in Chambersville Cemetery, which is located near Stoney Point.)

I think her father was Alexander Davis.

Re: Davis

Posted: 27 Aug 2006 1:43PM GMT
Surnames: Hurst, Rivers, Gainey, Davis, Scribner
This is a long shot but:

Are you related to Dora Magnolia Davis? She is my ggg grandmother, wife of William Edward Scribner. They are buried in Stoney Point Cemetery in Collin Co., TX. (Many of my relatives are buried there and in Chambersville Cemetery, which is located near Stoney Point.)

I think her father was Alexander Davis.
Posted: 27 Aug 2006 8:44PM GMT
I found several Alexander Davis's but none that fit the description ;you gave me.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions