Search for content in message boards

Russell, Landrum, Paxton Families

Russell, Landrum, Paxton Families

Cathy Russell Fothergill (View posts)
Posted: 3 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Russell, Landrum, Paxton
John Nicolis Russell was born in London, England, and came to the U. S. at age 16. He joined the Mexican War. He appears on the Williamson County census in 1860. His son, John Calvin Russell was born in Williamson County on March 2, 1859. My great-grandfather, John Calvin Russell, moved to Jones County in 1909. John Nicolis Russell's wife was Isabelle Paxton, daughter of Jefferson Paxton. John Calvin Russell's wife was Eunice Catherine Landrum, daughter of Louise Jane Landrum. Eunice Catherine Landrum's father was said to have been a Willianson County lawman, who was shot in the back and killed there. I would appreciate any information that will help me find out more about my family.

Re: Russell, Landrum, Paxton Families

Posted: 25 Aug 2012 3:08PM GMT
Surnames: Russell, Landram, Baldwin
I know that you posted this message several years ago but I know who Eunice Catherine Landrum's father is. He was John T. Landrum, he was married to Louisa Baldwin. Louisa Jane Landrum is incorrect. Eunice is my 2nd great grandmother. Please let me know if this helps.

Posted: 25 Aug 2012 4:13PM GMT
Seriously doubt she'll respond? Forgive her for not researching more indepth? No doubt she found Louisa as a widow and did not go back to earlier census? In similar instances, many researcher with use LNU (Last Name Unknown).

Posted: 25 Mar 2013 3:52AM GMT
So sorry I just saw this reply. I appreciate your help. If Eunice is your 2nd great grandmother, we must be related. She is my great grandmother. I would be so pleased to know everything you have about Louisa Baldwin and John T. Landrum. I also saw that my assumption about John N. Russell was incorrect in that he was born on the Island of Guernsey. Please contact me again.

Posted: 26 Mar 2013 8:25AM GMT
I am so glad that you returned to see my message. The only information that I have on Louisa Baldwin and John Landrum is from what Mittilene, Louisa's daughter, my great grandmother, wrote in a Russell Genealogy that I found in my grandfather's things. I will scan it into the computer and post it so you can see it. I have a ton of pictures, but I don't know many of the names of the people in them. Maybe you would. I have also talked and shared family information with one of Eunice's sons, Nugent's son Kerry. He would be delighted to know you. Please feel free to look at my tree, under Gray Family Tree or Monica Gray. Talk to you later.

Posted: 26 Mar 2013 2:44PM GMT
Thank you, Monica. I really appreciate that. I knew your great grandmother, Mittilene Blackburn. She and my grandfather, Clarence A. Russell were brother and sister. I believe that Louisa was their grandmother and that they were children of her daughter, Eunice. I would love to see your pictures, too. I am guessing that you are Carroll's granddaughter. I think I saw you once when you were a baby. Is your mother Carolyn? She may or may not remember me. I knew your grandfather Carroll also. My father was H. C. (Huey Clifton).

My grandfather was very close to his sister Mittilene and his brother-in-law Othello. We saw them often when I was growing up. We moved to Decatur when I was 10, and still they visited as much as possible. Your great grandmother was such a fun-loving person. It was always neat to see her. I also have communicated with Kerry Russell. I am so glad to reconnect with you. I visited with Russ Dobbs (Lanora's son) recently. I scanned some pictures for him. If you would send me your e-mail address to cathyfothergill@hotmail.com, I will send them to you. We may have some of the same pictures. So glad to meet you online. Cathy

Posted: 27 Mar 2013 9:06AM GMT
I am not sure I can give you too much more information than what you already have. Which child of Eunice's is your parent? I have scanned in the handwritten genealogy that I found that I would like for you to look at but not sure where to send it or where to post it. Please let me know how to get it to you.

Posted: 27 Mar 2013 9:06AM GMT
I am not sure I can give you too much more information than what you already have. Which child of Eunice's is your parent? I have scanned in the handwritten genealogy that I found that I would like for you to look at but not sure where to send it or where to post it. Please let me know how to get it to you.

Posted: 29 Mar 2013 2:48AM GMT
My grandfather, Clarence A. Russell, was Eunice's son. My father was his son, Huey Clifton. I would love to see the handwritten genealogy that you have scanned. You could send it to me at cathyfothergill@hotmail.com. Thank you. Cathy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic