Search for content in message boards

Puishis - Phelps area

Puishis - Phelps area

Posted: 14 Jan 2008 2:45AM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for burial info on Katherine (spelling uncertain) Puishis. Catholic cemetery, most likely. Husband, Simon is buried in St. Peters Cemetery. Thanks for any assistance you can offer.

Re: Puishis - Phelps area

Posted: 14 Jan 2008 5:42PM GMT
I would be happy to do a look up for you. I need to know the date she died and was buried

Sharon

Posted: 15 Jan 2008 12:18AM GMT
Would Katherine be related to Walt and Anne Puishis, who are buried in Phelps? If so, they have a son John who lives in Green Bay.

Posted: 15 Jan 2008 1:20AM GMT
I'm thinking yes.

Posted: 15 Jan 2008 2:38AM GMT
Walt's mother came from Lithuania. I remember her being in bad health for a long time. It's been so long ago that I don't remember her name. You might have someone check with the Phelps cemetery to get burial information. They may have had a family plot.

Posted: 15 Jan 2008 2:58PM GMT
Can you give me name of the cemetery(s) in Phelps? Thanks.

Turns out Simon is buried at St. Peters in Eagle River. No sign of her there. Not sure when she passed. Yes, they were Lithuanian.

Posted: 21 Mar 2010 1:09AM GMT
Surnames: puishis
Hi. Simon and Katherine were my great grandparents. Any information on them would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Posted: 22 Mar 2010 2:55PM GMT
I will do some checking in our cemetery records.

The Eagle River Genealogical Society has been putting the cemeteries in vilas Co. on CD. Lorene Schertzl is doing this project with some help from some society members.

Will get in touch soon.

Sharon

Posted: 28 Mar 2010 4:29PM GMT
Hi Simon and Katherine were my Great Grandparents through their son Samuel Puishis. I'm trying to find out when they came to this country. Any info you have would be appreciated. I can't find anything at Ellis Island. And heard that they might of come through Canada. Any information about them in general would also be appreciated. Thanks.

Kim

Posted: 9 Dec 2012 7:56PM GMT
Edited: 9 Dec 2012 7:57PM GMT
Surnames: MLotkowski, Puishis, Smith, Junovitch
I am seeking information on the William Puishis family of Akron, Summit, Ohio............specifically on Elizabeth Puishis, b. 1923 in Ohio and married to Henry Junovitch (twice). She had a daughter, Linda Mlotkowski Smith who died in 1980.........looking to find her two children (names unknown). Trying to reconnect with family.

Thank you,
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions