Search for content in message boards

Denis HANRAHAN - Ballybunion, Co. Kerry

Denis HANRAHAN - Ballybunion, Co. Kerry

Posted: 10 Feb 2012 4:17PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 2 Jun 2012 4:03AM GMT
Surnames: Hanrahan, English
My 2nd great grandfather, Denis Hanrahan, was born in Jan. 1803, Ballybunion, Co. Kerry. I do not know who his parents were. He married Mary English, (date unk) and had the following children: Patrick, Ellen, (my great grandmother), and Honora. He immigrated to the U.S., first to Kentucky, then to Olmsted Co MN.

Re: Denis HANRAHAN - Ballybunion, Co. Kerry

Posted: 14 Sep 2012 4:36PM GMT
My great great grandparents were Dennis Hanrahan and Mary English. My great grandfather was Thomas Hanrahan who was born in Ballybunion. He moved to Moyvane in County Kerry at a very young age and lived the rest of his life there as a farmer. I am familiar with the records of Ellen, Honora, and Dennis Hanrahan. In your query I noticed that you did not mention their son Dennis. Was there a Timothy Hanrahan or a Thomas that you might have heard about through word of mouth? I am interested in getting more information about the Hanrahan family. If you know of anything please don’t hesitate to pass along your information.

Posted: 7 Oct 2014 8:34AM GMT
I think you need to check Hanrahan in Kenton County, Kentucky starting with William, and Dennis who had families there starting with the 1860 Census. Timothy is mentioned on several family trees there too. See what you think as I have an interest in these Hanrahans too.

Posted: 28 Nov 2014 8:19PM GMT
Hello,

If you have any interest in Y-DNA testing, please see my post:
http://boards.ancestry.com/surnames.hanrahan/433/mb.ashx
per page

Find a board about a specific topic