Search for content in message boards

Riddles from Scotland to "Ireland to America

Riddles from Scotland to "Ireland to America

Glorias Bartone (View posts)
Posted: 24 May 2000 7:52PM GMT
Looking for any information about Thomas Rillde who came to America as a cild about1750-60, parents unknown butsaid to have come from Ireland. Married in Mass. into th Moulton family. Descendants in New York, Vermont and later out west. Any info helpful. I have photos of the family estate in Roxburgh, Scotland, from which they originally came. Will be glad to trade info.

Riddles from Scotland

Posted: 16 Jun 2000 1:41PM GMT
Edited: 23 Dec 2001 12:01PM GMT
Saw your message and remembered I have a letter that was my grandmothers in which there is mention of names and the fact they came from Scotland. I will try and find the letter and get back with you. Please e-mail me if you would like for me to get back with you.

Riddlses from Scotland, reply to E. Tracy

gloria Bartone (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jun 2000 7:11PM GMT
Yes, I would definitely love to hear from you. There are Tracy's in my colateral lines somewhere, and it may be that we are related. How do I find youre-mail? I have not used this system before, but you can contact me at chris23@suite224.net
Gloria

Riddles from Scotland

Posted: 2 Aug 2000 7:15PM GMT
Edited: 2 Oct 2001 11:07PM GMT
The first ancestor I can trace in America is William Riddle who was born in 1760 and died in 1840. He was naturalized, a Presbyterian, and I'm assuming he came from Scotland. I've always been told that the Riddles were Scotch-Irish. He may be part of the Thomas Riddle family. Can you give me any information that might be useful? His naturalization papers stated only that he had been in the U.S. since "at least 1790." He lived and died in Kortright, Delaware County, New York, southwest of Albany. Thanks!

Riddles in america

Gloria Bartone (View posts)
Posted: 6 Aug 2000 4:08PM GMT
My Thomas Riddle came to America as a young child, about 1750. I have been lead to understand that he came from Scottish ancestry, but came from Ireland. This is not proven,however. I don't know where he landed, but he is rcorded a having married in Massachusetts. There is a record of this. I don't know anything more about his family or siblings, but if your William is related, he must have been the child of one of Thomas' siblings I would think. Keep me posted if you learn anything. I will too.

Riddle from scotland

Posted: 7 Aug 2000 8:27AM GMT
Edited: 8 Aug 2001 11:55AM GMT
I was also told my gggrandfater was from scotland. please contact me. We are planning a family reunion. I am from Jamaica, now residing in the united states.

Riddle,Scottish?

Doug Skipper (View posts)
Posted: 8 Aug 2000 12:32PM GMT
Greetings Gloria,I to have been told the Riddles in my family were of Scottish descent,although this has not been proved thus far.I know the area I am from in NC,was settled by many Scottish families.Riddles appear on revolutionary war rosters of NC,in several Co.s.Take care, Doug

Scotch-Irish

Tamera Riddle (View posts)
Posted: 15 Aug 2000 10:04AM GMT
I have also been told that the Riddles were of that decent. But, I know my Grandfather, Andrew Harrison Riddle, was from Kentucky. Please e-mail me, If you'd like. It would be interesting to see if we are somehow related!

Scotch-Irish

Posted: 15 Aug 2000 10:54AM GMT
Edited: 2 Oct 2001 11:07PM GMT
Hi Tamera,

My earliest ancestor, William Riddle, lived and died in Kortright, New York, south east of Albany, on the Delaware River. I'm not aware of any Kentucky relations, although it's possible that one of his siblings migrated that way. My direct ancestors migrated - slowly - west, ending up in Idaho. Other names in my family are William P. Riddle, Matthew Lawson Riddle, John E. Riddle.

Susan

Relations

Tamera Riddle (View posts)
Posted: 15 Aug 2000 11:09AM GMT
Well, I don't recognize any of those names. My grandfather was Andrew Harrison Riddle, Grandmother, Laura Ethel London. There children, Bessy Lee Riddle Smith,Gladys Esther, Carl Dean, Elmer Lawrence, and my Dad, Walter Allan. Bessy's husband was Leo Smith. My Grandpa came from Hillsborrow, KY. But my branch of the family has been in Ark. since the early 1900's. And, I know that we still have kin in KY, and Tx. Some other last names in my family are, Gardener, Royce, or Joyce. And, of course, London. Well, it was nice talking with you! Let me know if you hear anything else, okay.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions