Search for content in message boards

John Harrison/Halifax Co., VA

John Harrison/Halifax Co., VA

Posted: 1 Jun 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Jun 2001 12:54AM GMT
Surnames: Harrison, Daniel, Hampton, Preston
I am looking for info on John Harrison of Halifax County, Virginia. He died in 1761 and his will was probated and recorded in Halifax County. His wife was Sarah Daniel, daughter of John Daniel and Anne Williams. John Harrison's land was purchased from Francis Luck and lay on both sides of Straightstone Creek about 25 miles northwest of Halifax (became Pittsylvania). John and Sarah had twelve children. His eldest son, James, lived in North Carolina for a time and then moved to South Carolina with his wife Elizabeth Hampton and her parents Anthony Hampton and Elizabeth Preston. James later bought land in SC and established a plantation. According to family tradition, it was known as “Carolina Brandon", but there is no known evidence of a connection with “Brandon" or “Berkeley" in Virginia.

Re: Harrison/Halifax Co., VA

Posted: 29 Aug 2011 11:23PM GMT
Hi, I realize that your post is old, but thought I would try anyway. My 5th great grandfather was John Harrison that married Sarah Patsy Daniel. I only know of 9 children and you have 12. Would you please share the other 3 children with me. We have reached a brick wall and cannot find the connection we are looking for. Any information would be appreciated. Thank you again, Jo Ann

Re: John Harrison/Halifax Co., VA

Posted: 16 Mar 2013 1:30AM GMT
Edited: 17 Mar 2013 1:10PM GMT
Surnames: Harrison, Hampton
James Harrison & Elizabeth Hampton (her parents killed in the Hampton Massacre in Spartanburg Co., S.C. in 1776 by Cherokees) both lived in Stokes Co., N.C. & moved to Greenville Co. S.C. & ran a store there also. They owned the huge Cripple Creek Plantation & land in Tenn. both totalling 16,000 acres. Both C.S.A. Generals from Texas James Edward Harrison & Thomas Harrison are their descendants. She was youngest sister of Am. Rev. War general Wade Hampton I & my ancestor Margaret Hampton.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions