Search for content in message boards

Sistek

Posted: 7 Jan 2006 10:46PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: SISTEK, LANGMAJER, HOPKINS
I have so little information to go on, but I hope someone can help me.
Joseph/Josef Anthony SISTEK b. 2/17/1895, immigrated from Bohemia ( I don't know where)abt. 1905 to Alliance, Box Butte, NE.
Joseph married my grandmother Helena Christina Josephine HOPKINS on 12/29/1913 in Alliance, Box Butte, NE.
Joseph's father's name was Joseph V. SISTEK b. abt. 1865 in Bohemia. Joseph married
Mary LANGMAJER who was born abt. 1873.
I have found both Joseph's in the 1910 Federal Census for the state of Nebraska, County of Buffalo, Township of Garfield, Ravenna Village.
Joseph, Sr. was listed with his Wife; Marie T., Son; Joseph, Daughter; Maria, Son; Emil F.
If anybody can point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you, Jean Enyart

Re: Sistek

Posted: 8 Jan 2006 2:57AM GMT
Edited: 13 Nov 2006 3:35PM GMT
Jean

Did you look for your ancestor in Ellis Island website?
www.ellisislandrecords.org If he came thru EI processing center, his manifest will have a place of birth.
Posted: 8 Jan 2006 5:34PM GMT
Surnames: SISTEK
Thank you for your response. I found him coming through Ellis Island on March 29, 1905. He was with his father Josef age 40, Josef's age is 9, sister Marie is age 3.
Nationality (Country of which citizen or subject) Austria, Race or People Bohemian,
Last residence Pilsen,
Final destination, Ravenna, Nebraska, USA.
Going to join Marie, wife and mother.
There was another Josef, but the father's name didn't match, it was Aloise.
Do you know how I would go about tracking him before he left Pilsen?

Zlatica Beca (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jan 2006 7:14PM GMT
Jean

The city of Plzen's phone book is listing SISTEK.
http://phone.quick.cz
You might want to hire a researcher in CZ or if you can, go to the archive yourself to research. Some of researchers in this site: www.centroconsult.sk

Posted: 17 Nov 2012 4:34PM GMT
Dear Jean Enyart
hoping my answer will find you well.
I supose Joseph Atnhony Sistek was a son of Joseoph (Josef) Brych, from South Bohemia, brother of my grandmother. I have some photos of him and Joseph Jn. as well, and a cuttimg from czech newspaper from Omaha, where is stated that Josef Brych Sn. died t 1937, leaving after him a daughter Mary and sons Josef.a. Sistek ( Advance, MOntana) and Emil F. sistek (Omaha),

If you're interessted please contact me at
bdusek@bluewin.ch
Zurich
Switzerland
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions