Search for content in message boards

Elijah Griffee’s cousin Lydia. Hathaway

Elijah Griffee’s cousin Lydia. Hathaway

Posted: 26 Dec 2010 12:57PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 26 Dec 2010 3:06PM GMT
Surnames: GRIFFEE, HATHAWAY, GRIFFET, GRIFFE, Critzer, Hathaway,
I looked through some old family papers and tried to make sense of them. There is a note that my aunt wrote several years ago; it says, "My dad had cousins, Lydia and John Hathaway. I don’t know whether they were on his mother’s or father’s side."

After a search, I figured out that Lydia Hathaway was the daughter of Hiram Griffet.

[Family:]
Hiram was born in Miami County, Indiana in about 1841; His family included two older siblings, Levi Griffe (b: 1834*) and John Griffe (b: 1837*) and at least three younger half-siblings; David Griffet (b: 1848*), Elizabeth Griffet (b: 1850*) and Jackson Griffet (b: 1852*).

[The above persons are listed as next-of-kin of Levi Griffe in a 1905 report claim regarding application for widow’s benefits by Sarah Emily Griffe.]

I did a search of the 1900 US census for Hiram Griffet, and his daughter Lydia, and found them in Cass County, Michigan.

Lydia’s cousin, Elijah Griffee (son of Levi Griffe), married Ora Effie Critzer at Cassopolis, in Cass County, Michigan, in 1902.

Lydia Griffet (b: 1884*) married William Hathaway (b: 1879*) in LaPorte County, Indiana, sometime before 1905.

Elijah and Ora Effie Griffee had a daughter; Anne Rilly Griffee, born in the 16th of November 1932, in Michigan - she wrote the note remembering Lydia Hathaway.

[Conclusion:]
Some of the people acknowledged here may be mistakenly identified; but with luck this may help you find someone worth remembering.

Re: Elijah Griffee’s cousin Lydia. Hathaway

Posted: 10 Nov 2012 11:25PM GMT
Surnames: Griffee, Critzer
Hello, I am trying to follow my tree and at this time I am only one generation into the Griffee's. Three names match info to my tree. Elijah Griffee and Ora Effie Critzer parents to Anne Rilly Griffee (known to me as Rillie Ann Griffee). I have a list of brothers and sisters to Rillie, one of whom is my Grandfather Phillip Philander Griffee 1918–1977.

Do you have any additional information that you can share with me?

Re: Elijah Griffee’s cousin Lydia. Hathaway

Posted: 6 Apr 2013 3:19PM GMT
Edited: 7 Apr 2013 12:32PM GMT
Surnames: Griffee
i think i may know more info about what your trying to get to?
i am the son of warren griffee and my aunt was rilley i have pics of the griffees back from the 40's and i have a pic of my grand father griffee. i have some of the early pics back in the 50's of the reuion.
james
per page

Find a board about a specific topic