Search for content in message boards

Answer to Janis--Kello's Southampton

Answer to Janis--Kello's Southampton

Posted: 25 Jun 2001 8:38AM GMT
Merritt L Kello and Evora Little had both been married previously. Evora's lst marriage was to Kemes Oman and they had a son John. I do not have Merritt's first wife's name but they had children James, Harry, and Grace. They married and had two girls Margaret Beatrice and Helen. Margaret Beatrice was my husband's mother. She married J. P. Belda,Sr and they had three children, J P Jr, Donald, and Joanne. Helen is the only one still alive and is well and doing great. She is 81 or 82. She and her husband Buck Stillman live in Norfolk in the same house Merritt built for them. Merritt also was in the process of building J P and Margaret's house when he died. Kemes, Evora, and her son John are buried in the cemetery at Tilley Swamp Baptist Church out from Smithfield. Merritt, Harry, and Grace are Buried at Ivy Hill Cemetery up on a hill there in Smithfield. When we were there they were putting up the Civil war tags on the Vets. Again we would like to talk to you Janis our email is dbelda@sc.rr.com and it appears that you and my husband are cousins.

Re: Answer to Janis--Kello's Southampton

Posted: 12 Nov 2012 1:29AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: KELLO and NELMS
Merritt Lafayette Kello was born 2 FEB 1861 and died 24 OCT 1943. His first wife was Mittie Frances Nelms who was born on 15 SEP 1869 and died on 8 NOV 1906. They were married on 2 DEC 1886. Together they had three children:

Harry Clifton Kello Born: 12 OCT 1892 Died: DEC 1956 Married Christina Marshall. Harry and Christina had no children.
Gracie Lee Kello Born: 13 AUG 1894 Died: 3 JUL 1986 Grace never married.
Charles Wilson Kello Born: 14 OCT 1896 Died: 24 JUN 1966 Married Mildred Degge Pike (Cheek). Charles and Mildred had two sons, Charles Wilson Kello, Jr. and Walter Clifton Kello, both still living. Charles is buried in Cedar Grove Cemetery in Norfolk, VA.

Merritt and Evora Beatrice Little (Oman), his second wife, also had three children together:

Margaret Beatrice Kello Born 1912 Died 1951
James Merritt Kello Born 1913 Died 2000
Helen V. Kello Born 1919 Still Living

I am the step-granddaughter of Charles Wilson Kello. Would love to hear from anyone who has additional Kello family information or especially pictures to share.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions