Search for content in message boards

Location of Navama, Finland

Location of Navama, Finland

Navama, Finland (View posts)
Posted: 19 Apr 2000 5:06AM GMT
Does anyone know the location of Navama, Finland? Was on my fatherinlaws birth certificate. Thanks

Navama?

s.b. (View posts)
Posted: 25 May 2000 2:31AM GMT
I couldn`t find a place/town called Navama, but there is places like Navala and Nivala here in Finland...

Navala, Finland

Johanna Padie (View posts)
Posted: 31 May 2000 6:35PM GMT
sb: Could you tell me where Navala is located? The birth certificate does say Navama, but could be in error. We are trying to locate a Matt Nukala who was a miner in Bingham City, Utah in 1907, age 22...born in 1885.

nukala

solveig (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jun 2000 2:47AM GMT
All the Nukala-names that I found where located in Ostrobothnia, Finland...
In South Ostrobothnia; Isokyrö:
Married in 1811 (village Ylihärmä):
Abraham Nukala and Susanna Thomasdr.
These people moved to America:
Amalia Nukala, born 1874, homeparish: Alahärmä, and Matts Nukala, born 1880 in Alahärmä, and Kaapo Nukala from Alahärmä, Vaasa.
I´m not so sure about Navala anymore, but if you are interested, I think it´s in Southern Finland.

Nukala

Johanna Padie (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jun 2000 8:22PM GMT
Solveig: Thank you so much for your information about Matt Nukala. Although he is a little older than indicated on my father in laws birth certificate, this is the first concrete information that we have found.

Amalia Nukala born 1874 Härmä

Posted: 6 Nov 2012 8:17PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Nukala
I would like information on Amalia Nukala born 1874 in Härmä. Institute of Migration records state she left 11.1900 to Wakefield.

Her father was Gust Isak Nasi- Nukala of Ylihärmä.

Thank you, Paula

Re: Amalia Nukala born 1874 Härmä

Posted: 11 Nov 2012 7:38PM GMT
Are you looking for information about her life in the United States or her ancestry in Finland? She and her family can be found in Alahärmä Communion Book, 1880-1886, Härmän kylä, Nukala N:8 page 281.
It looks as though her brother, Kustaa, received a passport on 19 November 1904.

Re: Amalia Nukala born 1874 Härmä

Posted: 11 Nov 2012 9:59PM GMT
I don't see a thing on ancestry about Amalia. But this could be her brother?
Gus Nukala living in Red Lodge Montana 1920
Wife Selma
Ellen age 15
August age 13
Mayme age 11
Lila age 9
Argo age 5

Re: Amalia Nukala born 1874 Härmä- Lake County MN

Posted: 16 Nov 2012 11:54PM GMT
Surnames: Nukala
Thank you very much Nordinem for the Härmä book reference.
I am seeking info on Amalia's life in the US.
I have the church parish records- sukututkimus with Amalia's birth date of of 8.1874 and death date of 1.2.1952. That date allowed me to find her death record in Lake County MN. She married Otto Alho. His death record is also in Lake Co, MN.

Amalia Nukala, was single and left Finland in 11.1900 with destination Wakefield. I can't find her on any census 1900 through 1940. Perhaps she had another marriage. I have searched through all the ancestry.com records and cannot find an Amalia/Emila Nukala + unknown surname, born ~1874 arriving in 1900. I can't find the right Otto/Olli Alho in the census either. I did find Otto Alho on a ship manifest arriving in 1911, born ~1879 from Turku.

Then they disappear. Thanks for any search tips you can give me. Amalia is a first cousin to my great grandfather.

The Montana Nukala family mentioned in this thread is on another branch of my extended Nukala family tree.

Amalia Nukala/1874 did have an uncle Kustaa/Gustaf born 1881-1958 with 3 marriages in Finland. I don't know if this Institute of Migration record is a match but I'll try to follow it. Thanks for this tip. On Hiski there are a lot of Kustaas born in 1881 in Alaharma but this Kustaa born 7.13.1881 is the only one born in Härmä Nukala.

Paula

Re: Amalia Nukala born 1874 Härmä- Correction

Posted: 17 Nov 2012 5:02PM GMT
Correction:
Amalia had a *brother* Kustaa Nukala born 1881. My mistake- not an uncle.

Paula
per page

Find a board about a specific topic