Search for content in message boards

Barger Family of Russell Co. KY

Barger Family of Russell Co. KY

Gary Heine (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Barger, Banks, Beard, Claghorn, Davis, Flanary, Green, McConnell, Millis, Yeakey
I am the gggreat-grandson of Addison and looking for ancestors and decendants of Addison Barger (b.11-09-1810, d. 04-02-1872) married 02-18-1843 to Mary Yeakey (b. abt 1822, d. 06-1880) in Russell Co. KY. They had 11 children (at least that I know of) Cordelia E. b. 01-04-1844, John W. b. 7-19-1845, Vergina A. b. 03-16-1847, Twins - Daniel B. and Thomas J. b. 02-17-1850, Martha M. b. 1851, Elmira b. 08-12-1853, Mary I. b. 1857, Elvira E. b.1859, Alice R. b. 1865, George H. b. 1869. Addison's father was John Barger (no other info) mother was Verlinda Banks (no other info). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Barger Family of Russell Co., KY

Dr. Robert E. Lair, Jr. (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Re: query posted by Gary Heine ... One of my great2 - grandfathers was John Barger (1709 - 1851) who married Verlinda Bank(s). John's father was George Barger of Culpepper, Va (married to Hannah Boone). I have no information on the Bank(s) family.

BARGER-BANKS family

Linda Faulkner Coleman (View posts)
Posted: 25 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: BARGER, BANKS, AUSTIN, JARVIS, LYNCH
John BARGER married Verlinda BANKS in Adair County, KY in 1814. Verlinda BANKS is the daughter of Samuel BANKS (b. 1755, Norfolk, VA) and Verlinda AUSTIN (b. ?, England). The BANKS family came to KY about 1805 from Va (Bedford County and counties east) and are listed in the 1810 Census in Adair. Two of Verlinda's brothers are Thomas Robert BANKS, who married Susannah JARVIS, and Samuel BANKS, who married Elizabeth LYNCH.

Barger - Banks family

Dr. Robert E. Lair, Jr. (View posts)
Posted: 29 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Barger, Banks, Lair
Many thanks! All informatioin is appreciated!

Barger family of Russell Co. Ky.

Suzi Evans (View posts)
Posted: 22 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Barger
I also am from Addison (only my family always called him Andison). He was my gggreat grandfather. I know his father was John who married Verlinda Banks. But I have hit a brick wall where John's father is concerned. Have you been able to find out anything on George? All I know is that he married Hannah Boone. He could have been a Wolfenbarger and changed his name. So far I can find no proof. What leg of Addison's do you decend from. I decend from John W. Please e-mail me and let me know if you run across anything. I will be happy to share what I find.

Re: BARGER-BANKS family

Posted: 17 Jul 2003 8:11AM GMT
Edited: 29 Apr 2004 4:10AM GMT
Hi read your message from March 1999. Thank you I am doing our family Which John was my ggg grandfather and Verlinda my ggg grandmother so this helps trace her back. Are you related? If so do you have any info on Georges Dad which I have been lead to believe was a Wolfenbarger. If you read this please get in touch, have turned up cousins I did not know I had in the last 2 months... Joyce

Re: Barger Family of Russell Co., KY

Posted: 1 Apr 2004 8:16AM GMT
Edited: 29 Apr 2004 4:10AM GMT
Was looking at old list and saw this about John and Verlinda and I am confused as I a great great grandfather Addison Barger 1810-1872 married to a Verlinda Banks and have Addison a son of John 1793-1851

Lydia Hays (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jul 2004 9:49PM GMT
I have that John was married to Volinda "Linnie" Banks - maybe i have it misspelled, i don't know. lydia

Joyce Barger Putnam (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jul 2004 12:21AM GMT
I am going to have to check on this with what I have as I have it for Addison's wife.
I will try to look at my papers tonight and if you send your email address I will send what I have to you as do not belive I can send through here. Joyce

Joyce and Paul Putnam (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jul 2004 3:53AM GMT
looked it up tonight. Georges son John was married to Verlinda Banks I can send the stuff to you in an email if yu wish.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions