Search for content in message boards

Fallons from Ireland to Rhode Island to Minnesota

Fallons from Ireland to Rhode Island to Minnesota

Posted: 9 Jan 2003 8:27PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am descended from James Fallon (b. 1808 Roscommon County, Ireland) who married Katherine Kelly (b. 1800 Roscommon County, Ireland). They emigrated to Rhode Island I believe in the mid-1800s. They may have emigrated with the family of James and Mary (nee Finegan) Reynolds. I know of only one son of James and Katherine Fallon - John b. 1833 in Ireland. John married Margaret Reynolds (my namesake) b. 1839 in Rhode Island in 1859. The majority of the Fallon family moved to Minnesota in the late 1800s. John and Margaret Fallon has 6 or 7 children: Edward b. 1860; Mary b. 1862; Suzanne b. 1864; Daniel A. (my grandfather) b. 1868; James H. b. 1874 and Margaret b. ??. I would like information as to where the family came from in Ireland, when they emigrated to the United States and any other information available. Thank you. Maggie Fallon Decowski

Re: Fallons from Ireland to Rhode Island to Minnesota

Posted: 12 Apr 2003 8:03PM GMT
Edited: 25 Dec 2005 6:47PM GMT
My maternal ggmother was Bridget Fallon married John Corr in Providence RI. We may be related please send me a note if you have anything on Bridget Fallon or John Corr.
Both born in Ireland Bridget Fallon Dec 1849
John Corr - March 1837
Both emigrated to US( Bridget 1865,John 1855)
Resided in Providence RI 1874
Later settled Taunton MA. 1878
Five living children Thomas,John,William,Agnes,James
Thomas was a dentist in Scranton PA, William was a priest Los Angeles CA
Any Help would be appreciated.

Re: Fallons from Ireland to Rhode Island to Minnesota

Posted: 11 Sep 2009 2:16PM GMT
Surnames: Fallon
Do you have anything on a Martin Fallon and Elizabeth Brennan? They had a least one daughter named Catherine who was born in Burrillville. Martin and Elizabeth both came from Ireland.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions