Search for content in message boards

1800 Wilkes County, NC Census -DRED FORTNER-KEZIAH FORTNER- FLOOD FORTNER- LEVI FORTNER

1800 Wilkes County, NC Census -DRED FORTNER-KEZIAH FORTNER- FLOOD FORTNER- LEVI FORTNER

Posted: 15 Aug 2002 12:10AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 14 Aug 2004 4:12PM GMT
Surnames: FORTNER
Looking for the children of these Heads-of-Household :

1. Dred Fortner

2. Keziah Fortner

3. Flood Fortner

4. Levi Fortner

Looking for the children's name of these folks. Thanks

Don Fortner
Inman, SC

Re: 1800 Wilkes County, NC Census -DRED FORTNER-KEZIAH FORTNER- FLOOD FORTNER- LEVI FORTNER

Glendi (View posts)
Posted: 25 Nov 2002 8:08AM GMT

My Fortner family has both Keziah Kirkland Fortner, born circa 1775, and her son Levi born about 1800. Also, one of Levi's daughters was named Keziah. Could they be the Keziah and Levi of your inquery? If so I will provide the data in my records after 01/03, as I am away from home until then.
Also, I am seeking info on Keziah's husband William Fortner, born in NC in the 1770's.
Glendi

Re: 1800 Wilkes County, NC Census -DRED FORTNER-KEZIAH FORTNER- FLOOD FORTNER- LEVI FORTNER

Posted: 26 Nov 2002 2:03PM GMT
Edited: 14 Aug 2004 4:12PM GMT
Surnames: FORTNER-COLLINS
Glendi,
Thanks so much for your response. I am trying to locate my Timothy Fortner and his parents/siblings. In the 1850 census of Pickens County, SC, Timothy Fortner says he was 65 (born in 1785) and born in NC.

He is first found in the Old Pendleton District (now Pickens County, SC) 1810 census with his wife, two sons under 10 years of age and an older female. Timothy's wife was Millac (or Millet) Collins. They were married in about 1806 in the Old Pendleton District, SC. Where Timothy was before 1806 is unknown at this time. In the 1810 Old Pendlenton District census he is listed as Timothy Fortener and another head-of household living is the same area is Nancy Fortiner. Nancy Fortiner has a young son, Jabel (Jabal) Fortner. Not sure if there is any connection between these two Fortners.

Prior to this 1810 census in SC, I cannot find him in NC or anywhere else. I don't know who the older female in the household is. His mother or mother-in-law ??

Do you have any info on Timothy Fortner that might have been living in Wilkes County or elsewhere prior to 1810???

I would appreciate anything that you might have.

I will share all FORTNER info.

Don Fortner
Inman, SC

gfs (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jan 2003 5:48PM GMT
Surnames: Fortner
Hi!
I do not find a Timothy Fortner in my files, sorry.
I am still seeking data on William Fortner, born circa 1772 in NC. He married Keziah Kirkland and relocated to Humphreys County, TN about 1807. One son was named Levi,, born 1802, who married Nancy Curtis. Levi and Nancy had thirteen children.
I can provide descendant info, but have no ancestral data on William. Any information will be greatly appreciated.
gfs
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions