Search for content in message boards

Elizabeth ??Hanks?? to James Hall, KY

Elizabeth ??Hanks?? to James Hall, KY

Posted: 1 Apr 2001 4:07PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 12:56AM GMT
We have a Caleb HAZEL who married 14 Feb 1785 in Nelson County to Elizabeth Hall, widow of James Hall.
We know that she & James had children by a deed Nelson Co. in which Caleb promises to pay each
of his stepchildren five pounds each when they became of age "to
receive the same it being compensation for the effects of their father
James Hall..." They are Henry, Elizabeth, William, Levy, and Benjamin. I believe two of these children married Hanks.

Okay, Hanks & Lincolns are related. Elizabeth was born about 1761 and died about 1811.
When her husband remarried, he got Thomas Lincoln to sign as bondsman, dated 12 Oct 1816 Hardin County, KY. Right before the Lincoln's left ky, it's noted .... An endorsement on an early record in Hardin Co., KY, court shows that when Thomas Lincoln left KY, he stored "about 40 bushels of corn in the loft of the house that Caleb Hazel now lives in." Hazel & Lincoln land were side by side. It's also noted in several things that this Caleb Hazel taught young Abe Lincoln briefly before they left Ky.

Now my big question. Does anyone know Elizabeth's maiden name before she married James Hall, and does anyone know when she married James and when he died? She's rumored to be a Hanks, but no proof yet.

Re: Elizabeth ??Hanks?? to James Hall, KY

ron byrd (View posts)
Posted: 2 Mar 2005 2:16PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: hanks hall
I,m also looking for the maiden name of elizabeth hall..She is my grandmother several times removed..I descend from the hanks line..WHAT A HEADACHE !!!!..Have you ran across any helpful info??..Thanks,,,, Ron
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions