Search for content in message boards

Hugh Huston

Hugh Huston

Dale Huston (View posts)
Posted: 22 Dec 2002 9:12PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am looking for information regarding Hugh Huston b. April, 1874, m. Elizabeth __________, b. 1790, lived a large part of life in Franklin Cty, Ohio, then moved to McLean Cty, Illinois, d. May 4, 1861. Children Rachel,Eliza John, Maria, James, Phebe, Sarah. Trying to find where Hugh was born and wife's maiden name. He was a blacksmith and I think he may have been born in Chester Cty, Pa.

Re: Hugh Huston

Posted: 5 Oct 2007 1:04PM GMT
There is "Knights of PA" family tree that lists a Hugh Huston with these dates. It shows his parents as John Huston and Phebe Philpot.

Do you have any more information on his daughter Rachel? I have a Rachel Huston b. 10 Apr 1809 in Ohio and d. 2 May 1859 in Wayne county, IL. She married Wiley Webb. Any chance these are the same?

Re: Hugh Huston

Posted: 9 Oct 2007 6:19PM GMT
I think the Knights from Pa. is Steve Knight who I corresponded with and I gave him the informaton about Hugh Huston. Does his family tree have any information about Hugh Huston's first wife, Elizabeth? That is where I am up against a bick wall. I am 99.8% sure Hugh is my ancestors' brother, but if I could confirm his wife's identity I would know for sure. In regards to Rachel, she married Thomas Mitchell. They had living children who were named as decendants of Hugh in his estate records. They were Sarah Enoch and her husband, Joseph; Margaretta; Andrew; John; and Mara. Her husband evidentally married her sister, Sarah, after she died. Rachel is buried in the Mitchell Cemetery in Washington Township, Franklin County, Ohio, along with two of her children. She died on Sept. 13, 1851, at age 39y-6m-16d. I hope this is helpful. Dale
per page

Find a board about a specific topic