Search for content in message boards

Family Edge Plus Gedcom

Family Edge Plus Gedcom

Posted: 8 Feb 2004 1:02PM GMT
Classification: Query
I have all my genealogy on an old DOS based database called Family Edge Plus. This was written by Carl J. York and my program is probably about 15 years old by now. I want to convert my files over to a newer piece of software and then post my genealogy on the Internet. To do that I need to convert FE+ to Gedcom. I understand that Carl York once wrote a GEDCOM conversion utility for FE+. Does anyone know where I can get a copy of that utility. I have tried contacting Carl York but can't seem to locate him. Thanks,

Roger Anderson

Re: Family Edge Plus Gedcom

Bill Huff (View posts)
Posted: 20 Mar 2004 4:34PM GMT
Roger, I have the same problem. Have you received any help? Please let me know. Thanks, Bill

L. Ricketts (View posts)
Posted: 27 Mar 2004 1:34PM GMT
I have the tools that you need. Contact me directly and I will assist you. I am disappointed that the Family Edge Plus tool did not continue because it was an excellent resource for me.

Arnt-Yngve Arntsen (View posts)
Posted: 28 Mar 2004 11:05AM GMT
Hi,
Finally there seems to be a solution to my BIG worry. I used Family Edge Plus for quite a long time, but for personal reasons I had to put all my geneology studies on hold, and now that I finnaly have the time again I find that the program doesn't work too well on a Windows 2000 platform. Since Norwegian is my native language I use the "funny letters" æ, ø, å and they seems not to "exist" any more, and I have been afraid that all my data had to bee registered from scrach in another program. I hope that your answer to Roger Anderson means that you have a tool to convert all data I have registered over to a version of the program and that I can continue using Family Edge?
Looking foreward to hearing from you
Regards
Arnt-Yngve Arntsen

Joseph R. Brown (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jul 2004 1:05PM GMT
I would very much like to contact you to obtain this. Might I have your email address?

Sincerely,
Joseph R. Brown

Posted: 19 Nov 2009 11:56AM GMT
Hi L. Ricketts - I have the same problem, a lot of data on the Family Edge DOS software version I'd like to convert to a Windows-based application. Could I have your e-mail address to contact you directly? I saw your previous post but wasn't sure exactly how to contact you directly. Thanks.

Posted: 5 Jul 2010 12:22PM GMT
Please provide contact information... I have 100's of records in FamilyEdge and would love to recover them.

- Bill Mitchell

Posted: 20 Nov 2011 1:58AM GMT
I used Family Edge Plus for years but about 3 yeara ago I
had my motherboard fried and though they could remove the hard disk and place in an external disk I have been unable to bring up the program.I cannot find anyone who can tell me how to do this.I only had a GEDCOM of the first 5,000 or so entries. I hope you can help me.

Posted: 20 Nov 2011 2:00AM GMT
If you find help I need help also. I have about 20,000 or more records to recover.

Posted: 25 Nov 2011 5:41PM GMT
Edited: 25 Nov 2011 8:26PM GMT
Surnames: Family Edge Plus
Greetings,

I have reserected one of my old disk drives. I think the file you need is attached. If someone tries this and it works please post so others will know to attempt this file. If you try and it does NOT work, please post an email address and I will try sending you more files from this directory. Please post whatever errors you get.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions