Search for content in message boards

Sanford Wheaton Cole

Sanford Wheaton Cole

Posted: 17 May 2002 4:52PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: cole hathaway
I am looking for information on Sanford Wheaton Cole. He was born either in Foster RI or Mass in 1822 and died in RI in 1888. He married Eliza Ann Hathaway in 1844. The 1880 census has him listed as being born in Mass but that conflicts with family history.

I have no information about parents or siblings and would appreciate any leads.

Thanks

Re: Sanford Wheaton Cole

Posted: 16 Oct 2003 1:12AM GMT
Surnames: cole / underwood
My g-grandfather was Sanford Cole of Cuba, NY--don't know if that was his birth place. Wish I knew more that would tie them together. His daughter Hattie Cole married Charles Underwood (my grandparents) and they lived in Cuba, NY also.

Posted: 17 Oct 2003 1:35PM GMT
Do you have a year of birth for Hattie? My info has Sanford with 5 children born between 1847 and 1866 but none named Hattie or anything that seems close. Also, I am pretty sure that he was in RI when he died. If I find anything that looks like it may line up, I'll let you know.

Rich

Patricia (View posts)
Posted: 17 Oct 2003 9:53PM GMT
Sorry, I don't have a date of birth for Hattie Cole, but I believe we can rule her out because of the dates. I know she was married in 1902. Thanks for replying.

Posted: 19 Feb 2013 11:48AM GMT
My father who is now 87yo, is the son of Clarendon Cole and Stella Prosser. His grandfather was Sanford Stoddard Cole of Cuba, Ny. From what I know is Sandford Cole was a farmer and cheese buyer. The farm was passed down (dairy farm) to Clarendon, and then to my father. However my father sold the cows and the farm equipment sometime in the 40's. After my grandmother passed away in '83 the farm house was sold. My father speaks of a Aunt Hattie. I have a birth date of Sanford Cole: 1846 and death 1919. I do believe Sophia Stoddard married a John Browning Cole and I think Sophia return to Conn. to give birth to her first child (Sanford) because she was 37 at the time and frontier life was very difficult. However mother and baby did return to Cuba, Ny. I also think Sophia died of tubercolosis in 1856. This is information that i have had past down to me years ago. Hope this helps.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions