Search for content in message boards

duggan/durgin ancestors

duggan/durgin ancestors

Marjorie Durgin (View posts)
Posted: 6 Dec 2000 7:01PM GMT
.Is there anyone out there who has traced his durgin ancestors back to the Civil war and found that Cornelius mustered in as Cornelius Duggan and out as Cornelius Durgin? This man was baptized as Cornelius Duggan in Bandon, Kilbrogan Ireland. That's the man I'm researching. All family members since the Civil war have used the name Durgin. I'd like to hear from you.

MY MOTHER'S FAMILY

MARY BOUTTE(DAUGHTER OF BRENDA DARGIN) (View posts)
Posted: 30 Dec 2000 11:29AM GMT
HI MY NAME IS MARY BOUTTE'. BUT MY MOTHER NAME IS BRENDA DARGIN PRONOUNCED DURGIN BUT SPELLED DIFFERENTLY. AND MY UNCLE JERRY DREGIN. PRONOUNCED THE SAME WAY BUT SPELLED DIFFERENTLY TOO. BUT THAT IS NOT THEIR FAULT SEE MY GRANDMOTHER HAZEL WAS MURDERED 40 SOME ODD YEARS AGO IN LOUISIANA AND MY GRANDFATHER LAWRENCE KILLED HER THEN KILLED HIMSELF. AND THEY WERE RAISED BY MY GRANDMOTHER SIDE OF THE FAMILY SO THEY SPELLED IT WRONG AND I AM 21 YEARS OLD AND I HAVE NEVER MET ALL OF THE PEOPLE ON MY GRANDFATHER SIDE OF THE FAMILY NEITHER DI MY MOM AND I WAS HOPING TO MEET THEM ONE DAY BEFORE ALL OF HIS FAAMILY PASS AWAY. SO THAT IS WHY I AM WRITING YOU. THANK YOU FOR READING MY LETTER. GOD BLESS YOU

Dargin

Ted Durgan (View posts)
Posted: 31 Dec 2000 3:01AM GMT
The first Durgin to use the name Dargin as far as I know was John Henry Dargin Who lived In Alabama he was the son of Joseph Durgin Of Libson Maine. tedurgan@earthlink.net

Re: duggan/durgin ancestors

Posted: 13 May 2012 2:08AM GMT
Classification: Query
Yes

Posted: 27 Jun 2012 7:36PM GMT
My great-great grandfather was Cornelius Augustus(I think) Duggan, born around 1841-42 in Bandon, Kilbrogan, Ireland. He married Ellen(Leary?),born in 1844; my great-grandmother, Margaret,was born in 1873, in Somerville, Massachusetts. Indeed, the name changed from Duggan--or perhaps Dugan--to Durgin when they arrived. (Must have been the brogue!)

Posted: 2 Sep 2012 1:47AM GMT
Yes, that is my relative. I have visited Bandon.

Posted: 29 Jul 2014 9:05PM GMT
My great-grandfather is Cornelius A Duggan/Durgin. Jeremiah is my grandfather. Margaret was his sister. As a young child I visited their home on Otis Street in Somerville MA on a regular basis. I am currently trying to put all the pieces
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions