Ancestry

Search for content in message boards

James and Bridget "Delia" (KEHOE) HANRAHAN - IRE>Chicago, 1880s

James and Bridget "Delia" (KEHOE) HANRAHAN - IRE>Chicago, 1880s

Posted: 18 Mar 2012 7:45PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 Jun 2012 8:12PM GMT
Surnames: Hanrahan, Kehoe, Valiquet, McGrath, McDermott, Howard, Maitre, Devitt, McMahon
Looking for descendants of James Hanrahan d. 8.5.1928 and Bridget (Delia) Kehoe Hanrahan, d. 3.18.1945, lived in Chicago, he was a policeman. Both from Clare, IR and immigrated here in 1880.

Their children: Joseph J. (Flora Valiquet), Laura (McGrath), Margaret (McDermott), Helen C., Irene, James P. (Mae Howard), Agnes, Anna (Maitre).

Bridget's siblings: Martin Kehoe, Nellie Kehoe Devitt, Elizabeth Kehoe McMahon.

James had a brother, Patrick F., also Chicago. Burials are at Mt. Olivet, Chicago. I am looking for family members still living in the Chicago area.

Re: James and Bridget "Delia" (KEHOE) HANRAHAN - IRE>Chicago, 1880s

Posted: 11 Apr 2012 1:41AM GMT
Edited: 7 Jul 2012 10:15PM GMT
Surnames: Kehoe, Comerford
Hi,any kehoe/Comerford in your lie please? thankyou SK

Posted: 11 Apr 2012 1:25PM GMT
Edited: 7 Jul 2012 10:18PM GMT
Surnames: Kehoe, Hanrahan, Comerford
No, I'm really not researching the Kehoe line, just the Hanrahans. I have only collected names for Kehoe, so there could be Comerford somewhere in there, but I haven't run across that name.

Posted: 28 Feb 2015 6:06PM GMT
James P. Hanrahan (Mae Howard) was my grandfather. If you have any information, would you kindly send ? Thanks.

Posted: 24 Sep 2015 8:31PM GMT
Hello,

I administer a joint Y-DNA surname project that includes the name Hanrahan. We are interested in Hanrahan because in many genealogy records it can look like Hourihane (or vice versa), or sometimes Hourican (Hourican ->Hourigan). The three names - Hourihane, Hanrahan, and Horrigan - have three distinct genetic origins, according to our research so far.

If you are interested in expanding your family history research with genetic testing, can prove the origin of James Hanrahan to a more specific location in Co Clare (at least the civil parish), are willing to share your family history documentation, and you have a male Hanrahan relative willing to contribute a test sample, the project would be interested in funding a Y-DNA test kit of 37 markers for your Hanrahan relative.

The project has funded two kits so far for testers able to prove their ancestry back to a specific location in Ireland (townland or village, maybe the civil or church parish). I had to work with them a bit to "polish" the documentation and in both cases do some research to complete the missing link back to a specific location in Ireland, but we succeeded.

Please email me or message me if you are interested, and I'll point you to more information. There are (as of September 24, 2015) funds in place for one more kit.

Kind regards,
Susan
hourihanedna@pobox.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic