Search for content in message boards

Thomas Rutledge in Missouri

Thomas Rutledge in Missouri

Posted: 6 Jan 2001 10:54AM GMT
Edited: 28 May 2003 2:17AM GMT
Trying to locate anyone with information on Thomas Rutledge living in Newton Co Mo. He was born about 1805 not sure where.He was married to an Angeline??? and had a daughter named Celana who married Henry Nutt. Would also like to know who his parents were.He also had a brother named Peter.

Thomas Rutledge

Will (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jan 2001 7:36AM GMT
I may have info on the Thomas Rutledge you are looking for.

I will get back to you. Thomas may have had a brother William. Let me look.

Any idea where Thomas came from before Missouri?

lost rutledge's

tommy (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jan 2001 2:32AM GMT
im a thomas rutledge son of same with brother named william and thire father i believe waswilber or william

Thomas Rutledge

Posted: 18 Jan 2001 2:11PM GMT
Hi! Good to hear from someone. You ask where Thomas came from before Missouri. Well I believe between 1830/1840 he was in Washington County Arkansas. He is listed on census in Newton Co. Missouri with a Jacob Grindstaff born in Arkansas. Before than I believe from Jackson Co. Tennessee. Not sure about that though. Any information??

Thomas Rutledge

Will (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jan 2001 8:17AM GMT
Still looking.

Thomas Rutledge

Posted: 24 Jan 2001 8:28AM GMT
Thank you.I appreciate it!!

Re: Thomas Rutledge in Missouri

Posted: 16 Jun 2002 11:07PM GMT
Classification: Query
I'm also trying to find info on Thomas, and my info is as sketchy as that listed in your message. I know he was born in SC, and he had a brother named Peter, and a sister named Nancy. He is buried in IOOF Cemetery in Neosho. I don't know who Celana's mother is. I suspect his second wife Angeline is not Celana's mother. If you have learned anything, please reply to this message.

Re: Thomas Rutledge in Missouri

Posted: 16 Jul 2008 3:10AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Rutledge, Harris, Howard,
I have some Rutledge info, not proven by me....but might give you a place to look. The Thomas I have m. 18 Dec. 1879, Newton Co., MO. m. 1 to Angeline ???? dau. Celene b. 1 Mar. 1833, Newton Co., MO. Son of William Rutledge and Matilda King...they had 12 ch. Edward William* Rutledge, m. Leah Harris, was the one I'm researching...3 of his sons m. 3 Howard sisters, sis to my Howard line. William & Leah are buried in Fulton Co., IL. The Rutledge line left there about 1852, headed south, and wound up in Newton Co., MO.
Hope this helps.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic