Search for content in message boards

fred watts

fred watts

robert e. watts (View posts)
Posted: 1 Mar 2000 9:46AM GMT
i am looking for any information of anyone related tofred watts he was atraveling preacher he married agypsy woman named ophelia lee i am trying to find out if he had a brother named jacob
Posted: 7 Apr 2000 1:52PM GMT
Edited: 24 Mar 2006 1:56AM GMT
Do you know what year and state they lived? I remember hearing something about gypsies on the Watts said of my family. But I was just a kid then. Claudia Tait

Fred Watts

Robert E. Watts (View posts)
Posted: 30 Aug 2000 11:19AM GMT
Fred was my granfather. I dont know what year he was born, but here is the story my grand mother told me. Fred was a traveling preacher in the states of Okla.,Ark.,Missouri,Kan.,and Texas. I don't even know what state he was from. But anyway he came riding into their gypsy camp on a mule, when he left he had paid my grandmothers parents for her hand in marriage with a five pound sack of sugar and a five dollar bill. They settled in Tulsa,Okla. and had ten children 5 boys and 5 girls. Please feel free to e-mail me at cherokee3758@aol.com subject;Fred Watts Thank You,Robert E. Watts

Re: Fred Watts

Jenni Winkler (View posts)
Posted: 10 Dec 2001 7:06AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Robert~~
I was reading the Watts message board online and came across your post about your grandfather. What a great story about he and your grandmother meeting.
The reason I am writing is because I was wondering if you ever found out anything else about him. Like maybe his children's names.
My husband's grandfather was Charley Watts b.1908 d.1978. He lived in Cherokee county Oklahoma and was married to DeliaNutt and when she died he married Alma Duval. I am having such a hard time finding any information on him that I am about to just give up. If you know of any information that may be useful I would appreciate it greatly. Thank you for your time......................Jenni Winkler

Re: fred watts

Posted: 27 Jan 2002 1:15AM GMT
Edited: 15 Feb 2002 12:05PM GMT
fred is my grandfather he did not have a brother named jacob his brothers names are addison,horace,doc,joe and he also had two sisters nora and mary.and ophelia is not a gypsy she is a pentecostal christian.

Posted: 27 Jan 2002 1:32AM GMT
Edited: 15 Feb 2002 12:05PM GMT
hi robert,im your cousin michael,luthers son,ive only met you once when i was real young,you were in the military all of my life.tell uncle joe hello if you see him.i have a little bit of information on grandpa alot more on grandmas side she raised me.wanted to say hi talk to you later mike

Re: Fred Watts

sheryl davis (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jul 2002 12:09PM GMT
fred manuel watts was born in 1902. his father names was john martin watts b. abt 1870 in wayne county arkansas. died in july of 1921 in catoosa okla. here are the kids i have listed for them
children
Fredd Manuel WATTS b: 1902
Mary Ellen WATTS b: 1904
Rosa Belle WATTS b: 26 JUL 1905
Joe Lee WATTS b: 7 MAR 1908
if charley is related he would have to be freds brother or cousin. i have freds grandparents as e.m. watts and sarah(john is the only child from sarah. the rest of the kids come from nancy a osborn(osborn is her previos married name maiden name unknown) this is the info i have on e.m. watts kids. maybe some names might click. e.m. watts and sarah had john martin watts. e.m. and nancy
had E.M.'s son Wesley Alexander was born Sept 20, 1876 in Texas County, MO
and he married 1.Elizabeth Gibbs 2.Estelle Kersey. E.M.'s daughter,
Dorthula Emmaline, was born March 23, 1881 and married Aaron Conrad Huffman. E.M.'s son, Albert, was born in 1884 and married 1.Rosa Gibbs
2. Della Smith and 3. Susie ?. E.M.'s son, Edward Manuel,J,r was born
Feb 14, 1886 and married Alya Ellen Young. E.M.'s son, Jesse Monroe,
was born in 1888 and married Elizabeth Allison.
i hope some of this helps u. the watts search has been a long hard one. maybe some of these names will help someone make a connection to my family or help them make a connection in thiers. thank u
lynnsherrie@hotmail.com

Posted: 8 Jul 2002 8:03PM GMT
Addison Luther Watts is my grandfather. I know or knew Horace. I called him "Uncle Bozo" when I was little. My mother is from his first marriage to Oglaya (Smith, I think). My mother's name was Meredith Virginia before she changed it to Gini Diane. I went to Haskel, before my grandfather died and Uncle Bozo took us to Tulsa to see him. I never met Fred, but Henry Flood sent me pictures and some of our family tree. Would appreciate any and all info on the Watts side of tree. I have info up to Edward Manuel Watts.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions