Search for content in message boards

PAF 2.31 backup files to GEDCOM

PAF 2.31 backup files to GEDCOM

Posted: 23 Oct 2011 11:04AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi there,

I've come across some old PAF 2.31 backup files (.bak) that I would really like to see the contents of, but I no longer have access to the software. Because it's .bak and not .dat I can't convert it using PAF 4 or 5.

I'm hoping that maybe someone out there would be willing to convert the file to a GEDCOM for me and send it back?

I would really appreciate any responses or suggestions for other methods. I've trawled the internet and found nothing.

Thanks!

Ally

Re: PAF 2.31 backup files to GEDCOM

Posted: 23 Oct 2011 12:29PM GMT
23 Oct. 2011

You didn't mention whether you were talking about the DOS or Mac version of the program. Each operating system had a 2.31 version.

If it's DOS, check at your local Family History Center to see if they have the older versions available. I've seen the older Windows versions in FHC's and perhaps you'll get lucky and find the older DOS version.

If you're talking about the Mac version, it's going to be more of a problem, since that equipment is not supported and I doubt you'll find an FHC that has old Macs. Perhaps the poster here can help you:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/topics.software.paf/397.1/mb.ashx

Dave

Posted: 24 Oct 2011 10:35PM GMT
You can send me the file and I can try and convert it to another format. I have a few different programs, PAF, FTM2005/2011 and Roots Magic, and one of them might be able to open it. I can then convert it to a GEDCOM for you.

My email at ldrbryan at yahoo.com

Posted: 29 Oct 2011 12:48AM GMT
Hi Bryan, I sent you the files earlier this week and just wanted to make sure you have received them?

Posted: 29 Oct 2011 12:58AM GMT
Ally,
I never received any emails from you. Try sending me just a normal email and see if that works first.

it's LDRBryan at yahoo.com just to make sure.

Just send me a quick email and I'll respond back. I'm usually quick. It could be a size problem if the file is too big.

Posted: 29 Oct 2011 1:11AM GMT
Hi Bryan,

Thanks for the quick reply - just sent you a test email. Let me know if you get it
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions