Search for content in message boards

DEVLIN, Lucy m Hugh Duffy

DEVLIN, Lucy m Hugh Duffy

Posted: 5 Apr 2004 7:13AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 19 Sep 2004 4:20AM GMT
Surnames: DEVLIN>DUFFY
I am searching for information on my Great GM Lucy Ann (Devlin) Duffy. She was born in Dillay, Tynan Parish Armagh, I don't know the date...probably about 1860...she died in The Bronx, New York 24 Jul 1923. She married HUGH DUFFY from Monaghan, he was born 15 May 1861 in Monaghan. Hugh Duffy managed a dairy farm after coming to New York...the Springhurst Dairy..don't know if he was a dairy farmer back in Ireland. Don't know his parents names...I was contacted by someone who MIGHT have the information on the family but I have not been able to prove it yet... According to this info her parents names might have been PATRICK DEVLIN and MARY MAGEE.

If either of these names sound familiar please contact me--it would much appreciated...

Thanks,
Ellen

Re: DEVLIN, Lucy m Hugh Duffy

Emma Yates (View posts)
Posted: 1 Dec 2004 5:50PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Duffy
This might be a bit of a stretch. My college roommate's grandmother was a Duffy from Monaghan. Her uncle was Hugh Duffy but he was a priest (I don't know the order). She also had 2 aunts (Duffy) who were Sisters of Mercy. They migrated to the States from Monaghan and eventually settled in Baltimore. Hugh Duffy must have been an interesting character because they always told stories about him - not always the most flattering. I don't know much else about them. But the Sisters of Mercy keep a family record of each member of the order at the Convent in Dublin where the order started. It may be worth inquiring there. Good Luck
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions