Search for content in message boards

Thomas Ragan Davidson Co. Tenn

Thomas Ragan Davidson Co. Tenn

Posted: 1 Feb 2011 4:10AM GMT
Classification: Query
Thomas Ragan is listed in the militia in Davidson Co. in 1812, and on the Tax Rolls in 1816. He also is listed as marrying Keziah Shaw in 1812. I would appreciate any information anyone has about him or his family.

Re: Thomas Ragan Davidson Co. Tenn

Posted: 26 Aug 2012 7:16PM GMT
Surnames: Ragan, Pike, Cagle, Phillips, Hamman
Hi there! I'm just beginning my research on this side of my family. Thomas Ragan (Reagans) was my great, great, great grandfather. His daughter Susan or Susanna (not sure) was my gg grandmother, she married John Pike. Her daughter Lottie was my ggrandmother and married Isaac Cagle. Her daughter Ella Cagle was my grandmother and married William Thomas Phillips and my mother Pearl married Robert Hamman. I am Suzanne Hamman Ward.

Posted: 26 Aug 2012 8:14PM GMT
Your information, without some dates, place-names, or information sources leads me toward a conclusion that this is not the same Thomas Ragan (or whatever spelling) mentioned in my post. If you will fill in even a few specifics maybe we can sort this out.

Mike

Posted: 26 Aug 2012 8:35PM GMT
OK. I went to your home page with documents you've posted and I think I've figured it out. The Thomas Ragan (Ragains, etc.) you mentioned -- father of your ancestor Susan or Susanna-is, I believe, the FATHER of the Thomas Ragan I'm trying to learn about who married Keziah Shaw in Davidson Co. in 1812. Susanna would have been his sister. My Thomas Ragan, born 1779, is the first child of Thomas Ragan (born 1753) and Elizabeth Featherkille. He is listed in the first document on your home page as well as the second document.

Thanks for the information. Everybody and his neighbor seems to want to adopt Thomas and Elizabeth for their tree, but you've got a tight line that looks pretty accurate as compared to most of the others. If I can show that Thomas Ragan (1779) is the same one who's in Davidson Co. in 1812 (married there, joined the militia, 1816 tax rolls) I think I can prove he is the father of James H. Ragan, my gg grandfather (1818-1897) who lived his entire life there.

Mike

Posted: 28 Aug 2012 5:38PM GMT
Surnames: Ragan, Pike
I double checked this...Thomas Ragan Jr and his wife Keziah are found in the 1850 Census living next to or near William and Harriet AND John and Susan Pike (my gggrandmother) who was born in 1815. I believe she was most likely named for the sister of Thomas Sr. My ggrandmother Lottie or Loty is listed on that census as she was born in 1848. I think we are talking about the correct people. They had a habit of naming their children after relatives. It makes it pretty confusing so I try to be careful with dates.

Posted: 28 Aug 2012 5:41PM GMT
Oops! Thomas Jr. and Keziah were living next to William and Harriet Ragan. Sorry...

Posted: 28 Aug 2012 6:33PM GMT
I've sent you a private message on ancestry message system.

Mike

Posted: 15 Sep 2012 4:47PM GMT
did you get the private message I sent?

Posted: 16 Sep 2012 6:45PM GMT
Surnames: Ragan
Mike, I checked and evidentally didn't receive. Can you send it again....

Posted: 17 Sep 2012 1:51AM GMT
Not sure what happened, but no big deal. I was asking for you to send me an email with your address so we could sort out some of the conflicting information.

My email is mthomasson AT austin.rr.com. I'm confident that we are talking about the same people, but may be confusing the Thomas Sr. and Jr. as well as the two Susannas.
Mike
per page

Find a board about a specific topic