Search for content in message boards

Hon. A.W. Woodworth, Enosburg - mother Patience Stevens

Hon. A.W. Woodworth, Enosburg - mother Patience Stevens

Posted: 20 Feb 2013 2:47AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hon. Arthur Wellington Woodworth's mother was Patience Stevens (father William S. Woodworth). She lived and is buried (1796-1851) in Stevens Ferry Cemetery, Enosburg, Franklin County, VT. Looking for the Stevens line of this Woodworth family- specifically trying to tie a George W. Stevens, born April 30, 1823, likely in Enosburg, to Patience Stevens line. He was supposedly a cousin of Arthur Wellington Woodworth, so his father may have been a brother to Patience .

Re: Hon. A.W. Woodworth, Enosburg - mother Patience Stevens

Posted: 27 Feb 2013 3:21AM GMT
There is a Patience Woodworth buried at Stevens Ferry Cemetery in Enosburg. You can find the record at:

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSsr=12...;

Her husband is shown as William S. Woodworth.

Re: Hon. A.W. Woodworth, Enosburg - mother Patience Stevens

Posted: 27 Feb 2013 10:53PM GMT
Thanks for the info- I have wondered if George W. might have been a son of Charles Stevens and Melinda Fuller but haven't been able to find any info on their children. I do know that AW Woodworth, his cousin and the same age as George W., traveled from Enosburg to George's funeral in Boston at the age of 80. I have also been able to find in the St. Albans Daily Messenger, an abbreviated version of the obituary posted in the Boston Globe.
I'm in the right general area!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic