Search for content in message boards

Grave lookup in Mt. St. Mary Cemetery Flushing N.Y.

Grave lookup in Mt. St. Mary Cemetery Flushing N.Y.

Posted: 29 Jan 2010 3:47PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am hoping if someone goes to Mt. St. Mary that they could look on gravestone and send me dates for my Great Aunt and Great Uncle. They are buried in Division 10 Row 43 Grave 64 (for my Uncle). The name is Cornetta, Matthew and Dorothy. The office will give me no information without payment of $99. I live in Ky. and can not go myself. Thanks for any help. dng

Re: Grave lookup in Mt. St. Mary Cemetery Flushing N.Y.

Posted: 29 Jan 2010 9:17PM GMT
what exactly do you want a photo of the headstone's if there any on the site?

i work in the area, and try to go while working

Posted: 29 Jan 2010 9:35PM GMT
A photo be nice. But need to know if dates of birth-death on the stone. I know there is a headstone. I am trying to find Matthew's date of death and his wife', Dorothy's date of birth and date of death. I know some stones have dates. Thanks. dng

Posted: 30 Jan 2010 3:53AM GMT
Dorothy Cornetta died July 16 1945 Queens Cert #5701 age 49 years.

Posted: 30 Jan 2010 2:23PM GMT
Thanks so much for the date on Dorothy Cornetta. I have been trying to find these dates for some time. Did the cemetery give you the date? Thanks. dng

Posted: 30 Jan 2010 4:34PM GMT
I will be in the area on Monday so will go and check out the headstone and take a picture as well.

The information for Doorthy was probably gotten off daatabase from either Italian or German Genealogy Group listings.

Go to German Genealogy Group and they have different databases.

Posted: 30 Jan 2010 6:29PM GMT
Thanks for going to take photo. I had checked the Italian Genealogy Group but hadn't found Dorothy or Matthew Cornetta. I have to be sure she is the one married to my Great Uncle. I can order the death certificate but don't want to pay $15 if not pretty sure this is correct relative. They did live in Flushing. I know they buried at Mt. St Mary because another cousin had gone by there several years ago. This cousin doesn't drive anymore and is 89 so can't go check any more. I am also trying to find out when they got married. I have checked Ancestry and can only find them listed in 1930 census. dng.

Posted: 3 Feb 2010 11:32AM GMT
I did check the German Genealogy Group data base. This could be my Great Aunt. I may go on and order death certificate. It would give me more information, as birth date and maiden name. I was hoping grave stone would have dates that could help prove the person in German Genealogy was my Aunt. Thanks for any advice. dng

Posted: 4 Feb 2010 3:59AM GMT
Have you checked Matthew Cornetta's WW I service records? 1930 Census says he was a vet of WW. 1930 also lists a Arthur Drury nephew living with them in NJ-states Arthur's father was born in Italy. WW II draft records has Matthew living in Flushing and employer is Cornetta Moving Co. in Corona Queens. Good luck.

Posted: 4 Feb 2010 6:11AM GMT
Will be getting to the cemtery today thursday, unable to earlier this week due work be so becasue of work issue.

We have information for you later in afternoon
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions