Search for content in message boards

WEIR, Harry - 22 Mountalan Dve Toronto

WEIR, Harry - 22 Mountalan Dve Toronto

ian miller (View posts)
Posted: 6 Dec 2001 5:21AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Weir
Looking for descendants of Harry Weir:

1923 - living at 22 Mountalan was Harry Weir, a mono operator at Mono-Litho Typesetting Co. He was still living at this address in 1958, also working for the same company (but now as a compositor).

He was at 226 Bathgate Ave in 1919

Son of Alexander Weir, b. 1861 Co. Antrim Northern Ireland d. 23 Nov 1901 Ballymena, buried Ahoghill Trinity Presbyterian Church, Blacksmith in Ballymena
&
Annie McNeilly b 21 Jun 1866 Drumrammer d. 22 Jan 1936 York Co. Toronto

Re: WEIR, Harry - 22 Mountalan Dve Toronto

Bonnie Graham (View posts)
Posted: 20 Mar 2004 3:50AM GMT
Did your alex Weir have any brothers? Mygggrandfather Abel
John Weir was born in Ireland in1836 he was a locksmith, he
married Ellen Elliott. They had 2 sons that were born in England John Weir Born 1868 and William born1862 in
England I am not sure if they had any children born in Ireland.
They came to Canada in 1875 and brought with them a Thomas Elliott born in 1861 (Ellens nephew) who was a
blacksmith. they lived in toronto. My ggramdfather john Weir moved to Newmarket around 1890's and worked as a metal polisher and then moved to toronto around1918 and lived on Jones Avenue in Toronto.
Do you know who Alex Weirs father is, maybe he could be a
brother of Abel John Weir, just a theory. I have not been able to find any relatives of the Weirs. this is almost 2 yrs
since you posted this, maybe you would have found some
info by now. If you think we might have a connection , please email me at bonniegis@rogers.com

Thanks,
bonnie Graham

Re: WEIR, Harry - 22 Mountalan Dve Toronto

Posted: 1 Mar 2013 8:01PM GMT
Interested to see this. I grew up at 24 Mountalan Avenue from 1949 to 1971 and knew both Harry and his wife. She died first sometime in the late 1960's and he passed away in the early 70's. They were the first owners of 22 Mountalan and lived there from the time of the construction of the house.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions