Search for content in message boards

Ancestors.

Ancestors.

ANGIE MERKICHE (View posts)
Posted: 19 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: GRAYLEY, LIKENS
Looking to find any connection to the name GRAYELY, GRAILY,GRALEY,GRAILEY, GRAYLY. Frances Grayely, was a bonded prisoner, sentenced in Sept-Oct 1772 in Middelesex, England, was transported to the American Colonies, on the ship "TAYLOUR" arrived approximately 1773 at Albemarle County, Virginia. I know he had a brother, don't know his name.
Also the name was listed in Dublin early 1845 and in Rocketstown, Rathsville, county Carlow.
I'm trying to connect Frances to my g.g.g.grandfather James Grayley born abt. 1786 also in Albemarle county,Virginia.
He was the only Grayely in the region at the time.

LIKENS. trying to find out if there is any name such as Likens or Lekins in Ireland. Might be old norse.

Re: Ancestors.

Posted: 18 Aug 2004 5:22AM GMT
Surnames: Graley ----Grayly, grayely, grailey??
I'm interestered to find out if my desendant Graley came from United Kingdom. He came to America in Augusta County, Viriginia around 1775. I want to know which country he orignially came from and who was his family or sibilings. I'm descendants of James Graley and Daniel Pauley.

Thanks,
Neressa

Posted: 15 Apr 2012 3:58AM GMT
I am looking for Albert A Graley's father. Albert was born 1816 in Albemarle. Does any one have records on Frances Graley of St Anns born around 1810. Could they possible be brothers?
Albert is buried in Lithia Virginia.
Thanks
Ron

Posted: 10 Dec 2012 2:40PM GMT
James Graley (Grayley) was the son of Frances. James married Sarah "Sally" Trail on March 4, 1805. James was a blacksmith. Also, check the War of 1812 Pension Application Files Index, 1812-1815. He enlisted on March 8, 1814 and was discharged on July 7, 1814.

James had a son with Sally.
Isaac Madison Graley
Birth: 6 Jan 1832 in Franklin, Virginia, United States
Death: 19 Nov 1921 in Tango, Lincoln, West Virginia, USA

Isaac served in the Civil War.

Hope this helps!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic