Search for content in message boards

James G. CRAIG

James G. CRAIG

Jody Fisher (View posts)
Posted: 27 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: CRAIG, SPEARS, LUTTRELL, PHIPPS, WELDON

I am looking for information on James G. CRAIG born Secember 8, 1819 near Red Clay TN (Son's death certificate said James was born in Georgia) he died about 1859 probably in Washington County, Arkansas. James G. CRAIG is son of John CRAIG mother unknown. James G. CRAIG married on January 16, 1838 in Washington County, AR to America SPEARS. America had 4 husbands, she married to James PHIPPS after the death of James CRAIG.

In a LUTTRELL article in FLASHBACK it referred to James G. CRAIG as a Justice of the Peace. I would like to find out more about that

. Children of James G. CRAIG are: Ellender CRAIG married to Thomas F. WELDON, William CRAIG, Mary CRAIG, Elizabeth CRAIG, George CRAIG, John W. CRAIG, James Edward CRAIG married to Elivira "Jane" LUTTRELL (this is my line). Caleb CRAIG and Nancy CRAIG.

Any information on any of these families would be very appreciated. I am willing to share what I know.

The Craig/Weldon Family

Michael Freels (View posts)
Posted: 5 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
I am a descendant of the Weldon Family, but I do have quite a bit of info on the Craig family. Please e-mail me and let me know what you have. My roots run real deep in Washington Co., AR.

Craig / Spears

Linda Campbell (View posts)
Posted: 28 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Craig, Spears, Stonesipher, Reynolds
I am seeking information regarding James G. Craig who married America Spears. They had eight children all born in Washington County, Arkansas between 1839-1859. I would love to share/compare information with others researching these lines. James Craig is my Grandmothers ggrandfather. Look forward to hearing from you. Linda

Spears / Craig

Posted: 28 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Spears, Craig
I have information in my family research files about James G. Craig. According to my information James G. Craig was born in Humphreys, Tennessee in 1821. He is the son of Thomas Craig and Margaret Stonesipher. James G. Craig married America Spears. Children of James Craig and America Spears are:

1. Ellen Matilda Craig - born 1839, Washington Co, Arkansas
2. William M. Craig - born between 1840-41
3. Mary Elizabeth Craig - born bet. 1842-44
4. George Washington Craig - born October 15, 1847
5. John Craig - born 1850
6. James E. Craig - born Jan. 15, 1855
7. Caleb B. Craid - born 1857
8. Nancy Isobell Craig - born Aug. 9, 1859

All the above listed children of James Craig and America Spears were born in Washington County, Arkansas. I do not have any additional information regarding America Spears, except the note that she is thought to be full blooded Native American. I would be very interested in any information you may have. Thank you. Linda

The Spears/Craig Family

Michael Freels (View posts)
Posted: 6 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Craig, Spears
Dear Linda,

I'm not directly related to the Spears/Craig families. But I do have some information on them. I'll look thru my files and send you some info. I do know that America Spears died in OK ( I have the date and place, but not with me). Keep in touch. Washington County was a fine place to live!!

Sincerely,

Michael Freels

Spears-Craig

Posted: 7 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Spears, Craig
Michael, Thank you for your post. I do look forward to hearing from you regarding the information concerning America Spears. Thank you for taking the time...

Linda

Craig Surname News Letter

Jody Fisher (View posts)
Posted: 10 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: CRAIG

Vi,
Thank you for the information on where to write to get the news letter on the Craig family surname.
Jody

Craig Links Newsletter

Vi Parsons (View posts)
Posted: 10 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: CRAIG
Craig Surname in Washington Co., Arkansas

Did you know that there is a publication dedicated to the CRAIG surname? For a search of your family, write to:

C.L. & Ann Burton
CRAIG LINKS
43779 Valley Road
Decatur, MI 49045

Please tell Conrad and Ann that Vi Parsons from California referred you.

America Spears!!!

Kathie (Craig) Brinkman (View posts)
Posted: 12 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Craig, Spears, Brinkman, Hammer
I have read your querie, and would like to let you know that America Spears is my grt. grt. grandmother. I am researching my family and am trying to find out all I can. I have traced it back to America and James G. Craig. I fyou have anymore information on them I would gladly appreciate it. Thanks for your time and cooperation. I will gladly respond...

America Spears

Posted: 15 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Spears, Craig, Rose, Ward
I do have more information on the craig line and a bit of information, legal documents etc. regarding America Spears. I have not been able to find parents or siblings for America Spears. I would be happy to share what I have and would love to have any additional information you may have come across...
per page

Find a board about a specific topic