Search for content in message boards

KLAWITTER

KLAWITTER

Roy Gentz (View posts)
Posted: 10 Aug 2001 1:12PM GMT
Classification: Biography
Surnames: KLAWITTER
KLAWITTER, Ludwig b. 7 Sep 1843 Germany d. 2 Dec 1908 Montello, WI wife Louise Schauer(sp?) they had five(?) sons and two daus ??; (i)Emil b. abt 1869 (ii)Albert b. abt 1865 (iii)Ernest b. abt 1886. (iv)Herman b. 6 Aug 1889 had nine cildren (i)Emil emigrated abt 1885 (ii)Albert emigrated abt 1887. The two boys worked and saved money and sent for the rest of the family, and they emigrated 1893 to Marquette Co WI.(i)Emil had 7-8 children all around Montello WI area. (ii)Albert had a son and dau. (iii)Ernest died in hunting accident had two boys. Any info on family??

Re: KLAWITTER

Bob Klawitter (View posts)
Posted: 17 Sep 2001 4:56PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Klawitter Schauer
Hi Roy –
I have a lead for you! Johann Ludwig KLAWITTER and his wife Katharina SCHAUER baptized on 15 Oct 1865 a daughter Emile Auguste born 4 Oct 1865 in “Trebon”. This is reported in the records of the Evangelische Kirche Lobsens (Kr. Wirsitz). Lobsens, Posen, Prussia is now known as Lobzenica, Bydgoszcz, Poland. The Lobsens churchbook can be found on LDS library microfilm #0245515. The line number is 1865 #196.

Note that the 1st name of the wife “Katharina” does not match, but the last name does.

I’m searching for parents or any info on Johann Michael Klawitter (born August or Sept 1831, in Liszkowke, Posen, Prussia, married to Eva Rosine GASSMER 19 Oct 1856 in Lobsens, Posen, Prussia, died 6 Feb 1899 in Mt. Carmel, PA.) Let me know if you find anything on them in the course of your studies.
Regards,
Bob Klawitter

Re: Ludwig & Louise KLAWITTER, sons Albert, Emil, Ernest & Herman/Montello

Posted: 27 Dec 2001 8:30PM GMT
Edited: 23 Feb 2002 1:31AM GMT
Surnames: Barron, Berg, Cragin, Erdman, Ingraham, Klawitter, Kiek, McDougal, Nindorf, Stibb, Street, Turk, Zarbuck, Zarbrook, Zacharias
I have info on the family of Ludwig and Louise/Luise (Schauer) Klawitter from Czisckowo, Prov. Posen,Germany. Emil Klawitter is my great grandfather. Emil immigrated about 1885 at the age of 17 and lived with another Klawitter family (appears to be unrelated?)in Mecan, Marquette County, Wisconsin. He worked and brought brother Albert to America. Emil and Albert earned money to bring the rest of the family- parents, Ludwig and Louise and brothers Ernest and Hermann- in 1893 through Ellis Island on the ship Darmstadt. If there were sisters they either died in Germany or remained behind. There is no record of them.
Emil married Bertha Zarbuck/Zarbrook daughter of Gottlieb Zarbuck and Augusta Jahnke. They lived for a time in Mecan, moving to the Montello, WI area after the birth of their first child, Alma.
Emil's 10 children are: Alma, Ida, Elsie, Leona, Edwin, Evalina,Herbert, Alice, Adeline, Edna.
Allied families include: Cragin, Turk, McDougal,Ingraham, Draeger, Berg, Tagatz, Barron, Stibb, Kiek, Cotter, Erdman,
Zarbuck, Zarbrook, Nindorf, Zacharias, Street, Cheatle, Blodget, Krusel, Jahnke/Yonkie

Posted: 29 Sep 2002 9:00PM GMT
Edited: 20 Feb 2005 7:15PM GMT
Bob,
I am getting excited, I think I may have finally found a small clue! My g-grandmother was confirmed Emilie Auguste Klawitter in March of 1893, she was born February 18, 1880 in Norfolk, Nebraska...could she have been named after the Emile Auguste born October 1865??? Could the 1865 Emile be an aunt? Or could Emile have given birth out of wedlock and named the daughter after herself?
Please advise if you know more about the 1865 Emile. I know the 1880 Emilie married a Fredrick Klug and had several children. Some of which were named Fred, Herbert, Emil, Alvina and others I don't know.

Bob Klawitter (View posts)
Posted: 5 Oct 2002 4:44PM GMT
Surnames: klawitter goetzke moyer
Hi Connie -
Sorry - I have no other info regarding "Emile Auguste born October 1865" other than the info in the 1st posting. I have not yet tied this line into "my" branch of the Klawitter family. I had copied everything regarding the "Klawitter" name from the Lobsens churchbook, hoping that it would eventually all tie together. And I'm sure that eventually it will.

Interestingly enough, I have an "Emma Augusta KLAWITTER, daughter of Julius Heinrich Klawitter and Wilhelmine Goetzke, born January 27, 1890 in Mt. Carmel, PA; died November 22, 1974; married to Foster W Moyer" that I have connected. Both of her parents are also in the Lobsens churchbook.

Several branches of the Klawitter family have re-used the same names. Perhaps there were common ancestors?

Good luck!
Bob Klawitter

Laura Snelick (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jul 2003 4:45PM GMT
I have a Emma Yonkie (second Wife) of Albert Cheatle.
Any connection?

Re: KLAWITTER, Ludwig & Louise SCHAUER

Posted: 18 Sep 2003 1:30AM GMT
Edited: 30 Sep 2004 4:30PM GMT
Roy,
Having trouble reaching you. Contact me.
Debi Klawitter Slager
Polo, IL

Posted: 8 Oct 2005 4:13AM GMT
I have some of the names mentioned in my line-especially the Zacharias of Montello-we also connect with the Leuck of Packwakee. Marianne175@aol.com

KLAWITTER, Rhynold August & Minna Louis SCHULTZ

Posted: 22 Jun 2008 9:57PM GMT
Surnames: KLAWITTER,SCHULTZ
Looking for more information about Rhynold August KLAWITTER and Minna Louis SCHULTZ (b. 15 April 1904). They were married 8 October 1924.

Re: KLAWITTER, Rhynold August & Minna Louis SCHULTZ

Posted: 23 Jun 2008 8:22PM GMT
Surnames: Klawitter
All I could find in my Klawitter family research was:

1930 Federal Census in the town of Marquette, Green Lake Co., WI, shows:
-- Rheinhold or Reinhold A. Klawitter [first name is hard to read] (age 29, married at age 24, born in Wis., parents born in Wis.)
-- wife Minnie L. (age 25, married at age 20, born in Wis., parents born in Wis.)
-- daughter [name hard to read - looks like it starts with the letter M] (age 10, born in Wis.)

To see misc. Klawitter records, check out my web site at:

http://www.formycousins.com/klawitter.html

Emil and Ludwig Klawitters were my ancestors:

http://www.formycousins.com/eklawitter.html (for Emil)
http://www.formycousins.com/lklawitter.html (for Ludwig)

I couldn't find a connection between my Klawitter ancestors and Rhynold.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic