Search for content in message boards

William R. Vanderpool

William R. Vanderpool

Posted: 2 Oct 2006 4:32AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Vanderpool Burton
Does anyone have any info on William R. Vanderpool that married Charlotte Burton? Their children were mary, matilda, robert, william fletcher(my ggrandfather) dora, mark and lilly. I can find information on Charlotte but NOTHING on William. My grandmother said he was a Methodist minister. I know he was born in MO inMay of 1859. He died in 1930 in Creek County Oklahoma. That is all I can find. Thanks for any help.

Re: William R. Vanderpool

Posted: 2 Oct 2006 5:54PM GMT
Surnames: VANDERPOOL, BRANNUM, BURTON
William R. Vanderpool, born May 1859, Mercer County, MO was the s/o Samuel "Council" Vandeprool (1835-1903) and Martha Angeline Brannum (1840-1907). William R. Vanderpool and Charlotte J. Burton married 10 December 1882 in Carroll County, Arkansas. They lived in Arkansas, Indian Territory, Missouri, and Oklahoma Territory (later Oklahoma). I have seven children for them but in 1910 census, Charlotte said she had had 10 children, with 7 then still living.

I believe she was the daughter of Dyer Daniel Burton and his first wife, Mary Ann "Polly" [--?--]. Can you confirm?

krissie knight (View posts)
Posted: 2 Oct 2006 10:51PM GMT
Myra, thank you so much for your reply. I think all of your information sounds correct but I am a little confused.Just today I recieved a copy of Williams obituary from the Sapulpa library. It says-Reverend Vanderpool Taken by Death-William P. Vanderpool age 83,Baptist minister died at his home at 1001 North Main street last midnight. He is survived by his widow Charlotte Burton Vanderpool; three daughters, Mrs. Mary Williams, Leonard; Mrs. Lillian Whiteside of Wewoka; Mrs. Dora Rodgers of Kansas City MO; by three sons, Robert of Wilmington, Del. Mark of Wellsville,Ny. and Willie of Fresno CA. It also says that he came to Sapulpa abt 20 years before.He had been ill for two years and prior to this fatal illness he held evangelistic sevices for a number of years. What I was confused about was the middle initial P. Do you think it is P or R ? Thanks again Krissie

Posted: 3 Oct 2006 12:40AM GMT
Surnames: VANDERPOOL
Your welcome. I won't argue about the middle initial. In one census it looked like E. Take a look at all the censuses and see what you think. The newspaper might have made an error also.
When did he die?

Posted: 3 Oct 2006 12:43AM GMT
Surnames: VANDERPOOL, CAMPBELL
P.S. Your William Vanderpool's maternal grandparents were John "Jackie" Vanderpool and Nancy Petre Campbell.
Hopefully others from this line can fill you in.

krissie knight (View posts)
Posted: 3 Oct 2006 2:14AM GMT
Well, on the copy of the obituary from the news paper the library enlarged it so I cant see the date of the paper. They also sent a cemetery record. The date on it is May 18, 1942 it has the date of the funeral as May19,1942. He may have passed away on the 17th or 18th? I guess back then they didnt wait too long for burial. Do you know who Samuel council Vanderpools parents were? Are you related to this line? BOY!! I ask alot of questions,huh? Thanks again-Krissie

Posted: 3 Oct 2006 4:25AM GMT
Surnames: Vanderpool, Campbell
Krissie I am related to Joseph Vanderpool, brother of Samuel Counts Vanderpool and son of John Jackie Vanderpool and Nancy Campbell. There has been some speculation on the father of John Jackie, but I have yet to see any proof of who his father was. John's birth in North Carolina about 1805 fits into several families living in that area.

Charles

Posted: 3 Oct 2006 4:46AM GMT
Hi, thanks for the reply. Is it Samuel Counts or Samuel Council?? I dont have a clue. I just pick up things by searching on the internet. Do you have an idea why John Jackie would have a wife with almost the same name as his Mother? Thanks Kris

Posted: 3 Oct 2006 4:57AM GMT
Surnames: Vanderpool, Campbell
Kris I have seen both spellings, Samuel Council and Samuel Counts. Never seen the proof of a mother of John Jackie.

Charles

Kathy Hughes (View posts)
Posted: 3 Oct 2006 10:20AM GMT
Surnames: VANDERPOOL
John "Jackie" Vanderpool and Samuel Council VDP are usually shown as sons of Anthony VDP and Nancy Campbell, but there is no proof that I know of. A sister, Mary "Polly" "Molly" VDP is my gr gr gr grandmother. Contact we direct for more info.
Kathy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic