Search for content in message boards

Looking for a death certificate for little girl who died in San Jose Mission in 1912

Looking for a death certificate for little girl who died in San Jose Mission in 1912

Posted: 20 Jul 2012 2:04AM GMT
Classification: Query
My aunt was in the Mission San. Jose in 1912. She and her two sisters were in the orphanage there. This little girl named Mary Marjorie Wooten B. 4/6/1912 died while at that orphanage and was buried at the mission on Sept 19, 1915. I can not find any info about her. Does anyone know how I could find her death certificate or any other information. I know they say they will search for 20.00 an hr. but that can take time and money. Thank you very much. Barbara

Re: Looking for a death certificate for little girl who died in San Jose Mission in 1912

Posted: 22 Jul 2012 4:51AM GMT
Surnames: Wooten
According to the CA death index
WOOTEN MARJORY died 09 19 1915 in ALAMEDA county at age 3, state cert #26647
A copy of her death certificate can be ordered from Alameda county....
http://www.acgov.org/auditor/clerk/death1.htm
if given the choice, order an informational copy, you don't need a certified copy which requires a notarized signature.....

Re: Looking for a death certificate for little girl who died in San Jose Mission in 1912

Posted: 22 Jul 2012 2:10PM GMT
Thank you very much. I dont know how you found that information as I looked in the Calif. deathes but couldnt find anything. Thank you so very much!!!!Do you know by any chance what a death certificate has on it?

Posted: 26 Jul 2012 12:46AM GMT

Posted: 28 Jul 2012 5:18AM GMT
I have a membership to Vitalsearch which allows me to view the 1905-1939 death index online. I also own the cds 1940-1997 CA death index.
I know that I have transcribed death certificates from that era...
here's an example from 1916 that I transcribed in Stanislaus county
http://tinyurl.com/d2rhysp

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions