Search for content in message boards

Drain Family

Drain Family

Posted: 11 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 10 Jul 2001 4:36PM GMT
Surnames: Drain, Kirby
I am looking for any descendants of George D. Drain and his wife Penina Antinette Kirby, who moved from Montgomery Co., AR to the area of Johnston Co., OK before June of 1898. I have located their son William T. and his wife Amanda buried in the Tishomingo City Cemetery. Any help on this family greatly appreciated.

Re: Drain Family

pam drain landes (View posts)
Posted: 11 Aug 2002 2:45AM GMT
Hi!

Who would be the father of George D. Drain, there are a lot of George Drain's . My grandfather was George Edward (Bert) Drain and his father was Thomas Woodrow Drain and Thomas' father was John Drain. Does any of this ring a bell?

Thanks,
Pam

Posted: 12 Aug 2002 2:21AM GMT
Hi, Pam,
Since posting the original query, I have learned that George D. Drain's parents were John G. Drain and Rebecca Elizabeth Coleman out of DeKalb Co., AL. George had only one sister Minerva, and their father died early, leaving Rebecca Elizabeth a widow. It doesn't sound like we have a connection, but thanks for the reply.

Barbara

Posted: 9 Feb 2003 2:51PM GMT
John's parents are James David and Nancy Sharp Drain, James parents are James and Ruanna Sherrill Drain

Posted: 22 Jan 2005 11:55PM GMT
Hey Sendra,

Do you know anything about a George Milton Drain that was a son of John Drain and Susan Carr Drain? I always thought it was George Washington Drain but have since been told it was Milton for the middle name. Please note the change of email address.

Thanks,
Pam Drain Landes

Sendra (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jan 2005 2:28PM GMT
I have him listed as George M. born in December 1861. I have his wife and some on their family if that will help.

Sendra

Pam Drain Landes (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jan 2005 11:20PM GMT
Hello Sendra,

Haven't heard from you in a while please email me the info you have on George M Drain and family to billpam10@netzero.com please.

Thanks,
Pam
per page

Find a board about a specific topic